• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

What does it even mean to be kicked out of or resign from the Academy? He can still make movies right?
Good question. Yeah, he can definitely still make movies, but now he's probably excluded from being nominated for Oscars or attending Academy events like the annual ceremony. Also can't vote on awards for other actors, directors, etc. That's my guess.

meh. They chase money. Will is box office gold, and this only makes him more marketable.
Wrong. Very, very wrong.

They were quoting anonymous agents yesterday who said they won’t send anything his way and will pull anything they can from his production company.

This incident makes Will box office poison for now. He will be offered zero prestige projects and zero leads in big budget films. He’ll need to take time off and slowly make a comeback in a few years.

Well thats just dumb people that don't understand business. The due has 70 million tik tok followers. He's not actual box office poison. He's a proven money maker.

Mel Gibson disappeared off the face of the earth for years because of a drunken racist statement to a cop. Tom Cruise couldn’t get hired for years because he said some shit about anti-depressants and jumped on a couch to profess his love for his wife.

After what he did, you think Will Smith is on speed dial right now for producers pumping millions into a film and looking for principal cast?? You think any notable actor wants to co-star in one of his films now? I don’t think you appreciate the gravity of his situation.

Reactions: CH1
Yeah if that’s true it just proves my point. Cruise is still a superstar that sells the shit out of anything.

he was never box office poison. It’s not like people don’t still think he’s a lunatic. But you can trust that he brings the heat every time.

It’s illustrative of why people think Hollywood is a bunch of phonies. They give the dude an award and a standing ovation like 5 minutes after the fact. Then they find out ppl think it’s fucked up and all of a sudden he is evil and will never work in this town again.

Heads are so far up their own asses smelling their farts.

Back