• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

It is the type on hypocritical thing these bubble thinkers would do…

Two words

Roman Polanski
Here's the thing though. Polanski won an Oscar 25 years after his crime. By that time the victim wanted all charges dropped. Yes, it's terrible what he did, but this is completely differnet in terms of how this occurred during the ceremony. Polanski also fled due to the judges actions. He went against the plea deal.
I understand why Polanski would keep his Oscar and Smith would not.

Another funny (sad?) observation about The Slap (and the aftermath): If you're a crew member working on a show, you generally have to attend mandatory sensitivity/harassment meetings before the start of each project, as well as sign a bunch of legal paperwork saying that you'll adhere to the guidelines. If you break it, it's generally moved up the HR chain pretty quickly and depending on the severity you can be fired or even banned from working on ANY shows produced by that particular studio, in some cases for life.

I get the feeling none of that applies to Hollywood Royalty, though.
As a crew member you can be fired for attempting to talk to the star or even for making eye contact with them. The actual royal family is less strict than some of these self-important douchebags.

FakeEverlastingJenny-size_restricted.gif
Yep, nothing homoerotic about that at all. :rolleyes:

That was his attempt to escape punishment and further embarrassment. Break up before you can get broken up with.

Will be interesting to see if they try to snatch the Oscar back. I'd be surprised, but man is there a movement afoot to punish the dude.

That was his attempt to escape punishment and further embarrassment. Break up before you can get broken up with.

Will be interesting to see if they try to snatch the Oscar back. I'd be surprised, but man is there a movement afoot to punish the dude.
It’s Hollywood. It’s what they do.

Back