• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

So, apparently the Academy asked Will Smith to leave after he slapped Rock, and Smith refused.

There is legit possibility they take the Oscar back.

I would be shocked if they take it back. I'd love it, but I question whether they have the balls. I doubt it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they expel him and say he's not eligible for future awards or attending future ceremonies.

powder-1180x600.jpg

No normal person could've withstood all the public humiliation he's had to endure. Not to mention all the private humiliation at her hands, which there no doubt has been tons of. To sit there and talk at her table about her fucking some kid, and in many ways she was dodging it or painting it as something different during that talk, that was painful for any guy watching, forget about the guy living it.

Having said that, I've probably watched the slap video over 150 times now and I still belly laugh at its sheer absurdity and hilariousness. There has never been anything like it. It's the greatest clip in internet history.
That slap shows why Smith never won the Oscar for Ali.

I could understand a split-second reaction a lot more, people sometimes "see red" and just act out before their brain can stop them. But in this case, with all the time that goes by while he's walking onstage, and then the slap, and then walking back to his seat, he still doesn't register how insane this was, and is still so angry he screams and swears at him twice on live television, at the fucking Oscars.

Takes me back to that tweet-thread about Scientology, almost like these people are "programmed" to respond a certain way to triggers like disrespect.

And then there's the speech, which was probably even crazier. Wow.
He laughed like a mofo at Rock's joke until Jada gave him the death stare. He is a whipped dog.

Healing what - male pattern baldness?
She's acting like she's in horrible pain and death is coming for her. George Custanza got hired by the Yankees with it.
He said she looked like one of the most beautiful actresses in movie history. If only we all had her problems.

Back