• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

That scene is fascinating because in the mid 80's, that was thought of as 100% for women and a sexy scene of sweaty, shirtless guys. Now you view it differnetly.
It's like how years ago talk show hosts would ask Liberace why he can't find a girlfriend?
R.c09a6bb43ba6c21e3a636e14101367dd

House of the Dragon official release date announced. August 21st

I think they knock this out one of the park after a good lessons learned round table

House of the Dragon official release date announced. August 21st

I think they knock this out one of the park after a good lessons learned round table

I find it kind of impossible to give a crap about this series, or any of the ASOIAF content Martin’s releasing that’s either a prequel to the main story or just world building.

What GRRM is doing is the equivalent of Tolkien stopping the main LOTR story after The Two Towers and spending the next couple of decades releasing histories of Middle Earth.

Or George Lucas stopping after “Empire Strikes Back” and then making nothing but prequels from that point on.

WTAF was that. My brain hurts and I feel I can’t get those 3 minutes and 11 seconds of my life back.
It is the only relevant 3 minutes and 11 seconds of a movie called "Sleep With Me" in which Tarantino perfectly breaks down the movie "Top Gun". You will never now be able to look at "Top Gun" without thinking about Tarantino's analysis ever again. It was way more gay than just the volleyball scene.

It is the only relevant 3 minutes and 11 seconds of a movie called "Sleep With Me" in which Tarantino perfectly breaks down the movie "Top Gun". You will never now be able to look at "Top Gun" without thinking about Tarantino's analysis ever again. It was way more gay than just the volleyball scene.
Ya, as a young adolescent girl I never thought it was homoerotic at all. I just enjoyed seeing hot guys brushing sand off of buff bods. A movie featuring one of the steamiest scenes of the time didn’t register that way for me and never will. Art often reflects and is interpreted in ways that show the underlying issues in someone’s mind. It’s subjective. 🤷‍♀️

I find it kind of impossible to give a crap about this series, or any of the ASOIAF content Martin’s releasing that’s either a prequel to the main story or just world building.

What GRRM is doing is the equivalent of Tolkien stopping the main LOTR story after The Two Towers and spending the next couple of decades releasing histories of Middle Earth.

Or George Lucas stopping after “Empire Strikes Back” and then making nothing but prequels from that point on.
i think they should do a series for LOTR that happens 1000 years before the original

Another funny (sad?) observation about The Slap (and the aftermath): If you're a crew member working on a show, you generally have to attend mandatory sensitivity/harassment meetings before the start of each project, as well as sign a bunch of legal paperwork saying that you'll adhere to the guidelines. If you break it, it's generally moved up the HR chain pretty quickly and depending on the severity you can be fired or even banned from working on ANY shows produced by that particular studio, in some cases for life.

I get the feeling none of that applies to Hollywood Royalty, though.

Ya, as a young adolescent girl I never thought it was homoerotic at all. I just enjoyed seeing hot guys brushing sand off of buff bods. A movie featuring one of the steamiest scenes of the time didn’t register that way for me and never will. Art often reflects and is interpreted in ways that show the underlying issues in someone’s mind. It’s subjective. 🤷‍♀️
We can all masturbate to Top Gun for different reasons.

The point is we all get there.

Back