• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Short-term pain for him at worst yeah. And I'm sure he'll be fine even if it takes him a couple years to be fully back.

And they are a bunch of boomers that don’t understand that Smith makes tens of millions a year making 10 second videos with $0 budgets that are viewed by more people than any movie.
It's kind of like having a really effective "agitator" type of hockey player that sometimes clearly 'crosses the line' (whether the deeds are verbals are physical) on your team. "He might be an asshole but he's *OUR* asshole".

Yeah if that’s true it just proves my point. Cruise is still a superstar that sells the shit out of anything.

he was never box office poison. It’s not like people don’t still think he’s a lunatic. But you can trust that he brings the heat every time.
After years of not selling shit. That’s the point.

And they are a bunch of boomers that don’t understand that Smith makes tens of millions a year making 10 second videos with $0 budgets that are viewed by more people than any movie.
I don’t think you understand the entertainment business. In the face of a scandal like this, nobody cares about his ability to attract free consumers to watch 2 minute clips on IG. They care about a $500m budget bringing in only $100m in the theaters.

I don’t think you understand the entertainment business. In the face of a scandal like this, nobody cares about his ability to attract free consumers to watch 2 minute clips on IG. They care about a $500m budget bringing in only $100m in the theaters.

What are u saying??? That hockey fans know more about the movie biz than Hollywood elites — what a spicy take

Until Hollywood can figure out how to start wrangling actors into 360 deals anyway

In other news, Chris Rock concert tix saw a spike in sales… It may have been a bad joke but it killed at the box office

I mean King Richard made $15 mill at the box office. It’s literally all about streaming now.
It was a prestige role. I know the producers. Making that film was really hard. Getting Will Smith got it greenlighted. He’s not going to be offered parts like that again for a while. His name hampers a film now.

And if people don’t go see it at the theater with things opened up now, they aren’t going to watch it en masse on streaming. More importantly, the same way that real producers won’t want to cast him, streamers won’t want to pay top dollar for his films. It’s a domino effect that rests on one thing - people don’t like him right now and producers - and, just as critical, other actors - won’t want to be associated with him. Sure, shit level producers with shit level film projects will take him, but he’s not going to do trash los budget crap which will further hurt his career.

Streaming is killing movies. Cruise can still be huge. His next 4 movies (Including TG 2) are big budget popcorn movies that should all be hits. His outer space (Litterally filmed in outer space)movie should be crazy. And he's actually threatening lawsuits over any of his films going to streaming. But yeah, people really only will want to see the event movies on the big screen.

Will hurt himself by trying to shoehorn his kids in his movies. The Shyamalan film, After Earth was so bad and bombed with that brat kid of his.

I miss the medium budgeted films that use to be out in theaters. Not many of those anymore. Movie business is not in a good place anymore.

Streaming is killing movies. Cruise can still be huge. His next 4 movies (Including TG 2) are big budget popcorn movies that should all be hits. His outer space (Litterally filmed in outer space)movie should be crazy. And he's actually threatening lawsuits over any of his films going to streaming. But yeah, people really only will want to see the event movies on the big screen.

Will hurt himself by trying to shoehorn his kids in his movies. The Shyamalan film, After Earth was so bad and bombed with that brat kid of his.

I miss the medium budgeted films that use to be out in theaters. Not many of those anymore. Movie business is not in a good place anymore.
Ya but his kids have super hot friends.

Next project: a live streaming program called Will Smith Slaps the Internet, where Will goes door to door slapping everybody who made fun of him on the interwebz while shouting "Keep my name out your fucking mouth!!'

Back