• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

So far, kind of feels like Disney just ctrl+v’d their formula from Mando onto the Kenobi series and hoped it’d work again.

Take an emotionally damaged lead character that doesn’t talk much and pair them up with an adorable child that nefarious forces are trying to capture.

And clearly they also took the guy that choreographed that chase scene in Boba and re-hired him for this series.

Also, “third sister” plus the two dudes that look like the Grim Reaper from Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure are indeed terrible heavies.

I saw the final couple of episodes of This Is Us last night.

Solid series in the end, only one stretch in the third or fourth season (the war garbage) that was really bad, but otherwise I thought very good. Knew how to pull on the heartstrings more than any other show I can recall.
Yeah for sure. Phenomenal story telling really. While the war stuff wasn't my favorite, it was a pretty important part of the Jack/Nicky story.

My cable bill went up a ridiculous amount this past month so I called earlier about them putting me on some promotion and they were like no can do, costs have gone up, yadda yadda. So it's time to cut the cord.

I know you guys are mostly all north of the border, but what's the best service/combo if you want to basically keep all your live tv options? I looked up Hulu live tv and it's just a smattering of channels. Spectrum kinda has me by the balls with all their old channels and reruns and shit that I like. But I'm ready to give them up since I'm rarely home binging on tv. What's the best alternative?
Get YouTube TV and get the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ and you're doing pretty damn good.

He needs the mindzeye+ bundle.

NHL66 and eztv
NHL66/MLB66/NFL5 are pretty damn good.

I still pay for Center Ice and the MLB package because I love the ease and quality of just watching it on Roku. But for the one NFL game I watch per week, I'm okay with the extra work of setting up the stream and HMI.

Girls5Eva is actually really funny. I'm not sure why I doubted it. Tina Fey is pretty brilliant. I guess I had doubts cause I thought it was a network show, but it's actually a Peacock show that could never air on network TV.

Calling all WeHaves to spoil this one before it's too late.
I couldn't care less about the Star Wars franchise. Saw the first 2 back in the day. Watched part of the third one on video, and still haven't watched it all the way through. Years later when they revived the franchise, a friend of mine dragged me to see the one with that Jar Jar Binks character and I damn near fell asleep in the theater out of sheer boredom. I've not watched one second of any Star Wars movie since and I've never been tempted.

I've watched Spaceballs more times than Star Wars.

Reactions: CH1
Remember when Star wars movies were so anticipated it was all some kids would talk about?

Yeah that's gone
Not this kid. In 1977 I was far more excited about seeing A Bridge Too Far than Star Wars, which I only saw because my younger brother was a huge fan and too young to go alone.

My cable bill went up a ridiculous amount this past month so I called earlier about them putting me on some promotion and they were like no can do, costs have gone up, yadda yadda. So it's time to cut the cord.

I know you guys are mostly all north of the border, but what's the best service/combo if you want to basically keep all your live tv options? I looked up Hulu live tv and it's just a smattering of channels. Spectrum kinda has me by the balls with all their old channels and reruns and shit that I like. But I'm ready to give them up since I'm rarely home binging on tv. What's the best alternative?
Gray market IPTV box with a subscription service that is outside US jurisdiction (my provider resides in Jordan)

Every live TV station on the planet for about $130/year Canadian.

I couldn't care less about the Star Wars franchise. Saw the first 2 back in the day. Watched part of the third one on video, and still haven't watched it all the way through. Years later when they revived the franchise, a friend of mine dragged me to see the one with that Jar Jar Binks character and I damn near fell asleep in the theater out of sheer boredom. I've not watched one second of any Star Wars movie since and I've never been tempted.

I've watched Spaceballs more times than Star Wars.
Why is this unsurprising to me?

Yeah for sure. Phenomenal story telling really. While the war stuff wasn't my favorite, it was a pretty important part of the Jack/Nicky story.
Also I didn’t get what the point was of introducing that random black family that meets Jack I’m the hospital in the second last episode. Yes, Jack had a much worse day that day, about to get even worse, and they had a tragedy but it worked out just fine for their parallel big three but just…eh. I thought it was being set up to have Randall’s daughter marry one of them but they ended up being pure randos for right at the end when they could’ve used that time for more stuff about the family with Rebecca. Very odd choice.

NHL66/MLB66/NFL5 are pretty damn good.

I still pay for Center Ice and the MLB package because I love the ease and quality of just watching it on Roku. But for the one NFL game I watch per week, I'm okay with the extra work of setting up the stream and HMI.
MLB 66??

Back