• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I couldn't care less about the Star Wars franchise. Saw the first 2 back in the day. Watched part of the third one on video, and still haven't watched it all the way through. Years later when they revived the franchise, a friend of mine dragged me to see the one with that Jar Jar Binks character and I damn near fell asleep in the theater out of sheer boredom. I've not watched one second of any Star Wars movie since and I've never been tempted.

I've watched Spaceballs more times than Star Wars.
Amazing, that literally could’ve been my own post word for word, except that I didn’t even see the first two back in the day. I saw them in college as prep going into the new ones that were coming out, thinking I must be in for some treat if everyone was still excited by this shit after 20 years, but no, they were shit, and I fell asleep in one of them, I think the Ewok one. My friend who was rewatching with me couldn’t believe it, as he enjoyed his 1000th viewing as much as he did his 1st one.

Also I didn’t get what the point was of introducing that random black family that meets Jack I’m the hospital in the second last episode. Yes, Jack had a much worse day that day, about to get even worse, and they had a tragedy but it worked out just fine for their parallel big three but just…eh. I thought it was being set up to have Randall’s daughter marry one of them but they ended up being pure randos for right at the end when they could’ve used that time for more stuff about the family with Rebecca. Very odd choice.

We find out that Jack died because the doctor was in another room saving a kid who went on to develop a treatment/cure for alzheimer's (which Rebecca had).

Dummy

You should maybe leave your office and visit the area one day
I want to. In fact I was thinking of doing it next month because my little cousin is doing a study abroad in Switzerland and checking out a new country every weekend so maybe I’d do something where I met him there, then go to Switzerland with him and give that place a look.

Reactions: CH1
We find out that Jack died because the doctor was in another room saving a kid who went on to develop a treatment/cure for alzheimer's (which Rebecca had).

Dummy
That’s not WHY he died, dummy. I thought they’d already checked Jack and he was dressed and ready to go, when Rebecca went to the vending machine.

That’s not WHY he died, dummy. I thought they’d already checked Jack and he was dressed and ready to go, when Rebecca went to the vending machine.

The doctor was busy saving another patient when Jack went into cardiac arrest.

I'm embarrassed I know this but come on man.

I was frankly kinda bored by that episode and was only half watching the hospital scenes while on my phone. I thought the doctor said something like, huh, this one ends up making it and that one died randomly from smoke, some crazy world. I’ll rewatch that scene, but my memory of the old episode was that Jack was done and got dressed to leave when he died. That he wasn’t waiting for the doctor. I’ll need to find that clip too. I don’t think they replayed it in this episode?

Amazing, that literally could’ve been my own post word for word, except that I didn’t even see the first two back in the day. I saw them in college as prep going into the new ones that were coming out, thinking I must be in for some treat if everyone was still excited by this shit after 20 years, but no, they were shit, and I fell asleep in one of them, I think the Ewok one. My friend who was rewatching with me couldn’t believe it, as he enjoyed his 1000th viewing as much as he did his 1st one.
I feel sad for anyone who didn't have a childhood.

I just rewatched the last ten minutes of the episode. I don’t agree with your interpretation. They bandaged Jack, the doctor gave him creams and told him how to apply them. Looked like he was done. If he wasn’t, they didn’t show the doctor being pulled away abruptly or anything, leaving Jack to see the kid. Then the doctor comes back down and makes that statement, sort of just the crazy world of it all, that he was presenting normal just 20 minutes ago and the other kid looked like he was dying. So there’s no explicit pulled away aspect of it or anything, it just happened to be a night where one died and the other lived, both unexpectedly. There was a connection, not a causation. If there was supposed to be a causation, they did it badly by not having a scene where the doc gets pulled away and can’t complete the examination. If the doctor was down there, he’d have died anyway. But because the kid lived, he was able to achieve that work in her field, and so life is all connected etc.

I just rewatched the last ten minutes of the episode. I don’t agree with your interpretation. They bandaged Jack, the doctor gave him creams and told him how to apply them. Looked like he was done. If he wasn’t, they didn’t show the doctor being pulled away abruptly or anything, leaving Jack to see the kid. Then the doctor comes back down and makes that statement, sort of just the crazy world of it all, that he was presenting normal just 20 minutes ago and the other kid looked like he was dying. So there’s no explicit pulled away aspect of it or anything, it just happened to be a night where one died and the other lived, both unexpectedly. There was a connection, not a causation. If there was supposed to be a causation, they did it badly by not having a scene where the doc gets pulled away and can’t complete the examination. If the doctor was down there, he’d have died anyway. But because the kid lived, he was able to achieve that work in her field, and so life is all connected etc.

Jack wasn't checking out of the hospital he was staying to be monitored for smoke inhalation. The doctor leaves and says he's coming back in a bit, but he has to take care of the kid when jack has the heart attack:

Also I didn’t get what the point was of introducing that random black family that meets Jack I’m the hospital in the second last episode. Yes, Jack had a much worse day that day, about to get even worse, and they had a tragedy but it worked out just fine for their parallel big three but just…eh. I thought it was being set up to have Randall’s daughter marry one of them but they ended up being pure randos for right at the end when they could’ve used that time for more stuff about the family with Rebecca. Very odd choice.
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

It was meant for us to to think that it was going to be Randall's son in law... but it turned out that the kid was almost killed but went on to break ground in Alzheimer's research. That is the connection to Rebecca. And of course they had the connection to Jack because they were all in the hospital at the same time. Then there was the "lemons" saying that Jack passed along and it became the family moto.

Back