• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Final (second last) episode.
The doctor says several times that he was saving the kid. He was absolutely saying that he could have saved Jack if he'd have been there. Was he right? I don't know... I guess that's for everyone to decide for themselves... but he definitely seems to think he could have.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to the storyline. Bottom line was that the inclusion of that kids story very much fit in. He almost died at the same time, in the same hospital as Jack and Jack passed on a family motto that was pertinent to exactly what happened that day in that hospital. Then later when the kid's cancer research went tits up but he "made something resembling lemonade" by using that research for a major breakthrough with Alzheimer's.

Oh yeah? Guess I don't know the definition.

If This Is Us and Breaking Bad are soap operas... I'm cool with some soaps.

My perception of a soap is a show with cheesy/campy acting, really bad writing with very bizarre/unrealistic twists.
Precisely 😉

It's a masculinity thing. Guys are supposed to be into sci-fi and action. Something that gives you feels though?? People might think I'm gay. I mean look at Habsy, in 3 separate posts he had to assert his masculinity by calling it a soap so that nobody would thing he was gay.

He also casually mentioned he went axe throwing in the food thread

The doctor says several times that he was saving the kid. He was absolutely saying that he could have saved Jack if he'd have been there. Was he right? I don't know... I guess that's for everyone to decide for themselves... but he definitely seems to think he could have.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to the storyline. Bottom line was that the inclusion of that kids story very much fit in. He almost died at the same time, in the same hospital as Jack and Jack passed on a family motto that was pertinent to exactly what happened that day in that hospital. Then later when the kid's cancer research went tits up but he "made something resembling lemonade" by using that research for a major breakthrough with Alzheimer's.
Where did you see any of that saving Jack stuff? He didn't say it in this episode and I looked back on the original scenes of Jack's death and he didn't mention anything at all (there was no kid subplot then). I literally don't think he said anything about saving, or not being there - do you actually have one line you can point to? I'm not asking rhetorically, but curious if you actually heard something I didn't.

Back