• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

They are scraping the bottom of the Marvel universe. Can’t wait for the early She Hulk spoilers here
Iron man, to my knowledge, was never a "A lister" from Marvel comics. (Though, not having read THAT many Marvel comics outside of the X-men stuff, I might be incorrect on that recollection). It all depends on how it's (movie) is handled.

Iron man, to my knowledge, was never a "A lister" from Marvel comics. (Though, not having read THAT many Marvel comics outside of the X-men stuff, I might be incorrect on that recollection). If all depends on how it's (movie) is handled.

true....Favreau re-invented the genre by making it smart/ironic/more grown up.

casting was great

Correct, not an A-lister, and I was never, ever a fan. When they announced they were making that movie, I was shocked, like of all the characters, that crappy one that anyone other than a comic book reader wouldn't even know? Oh well.

On that one I said, okay Marvel, now you've gone too far. Even most comics fans don't know that property. At least Iron Man was probably kinda recognizable/seen.

And I actually saw that one (I've passed on almost all the non-Avengers ones, other than a couple of Caps), and holy shit I thought it was a steaming pile of crap. I can't believe it was successful and spawned sequels. I chalk it up to the appeal of Pratt, which I underestimated.

Horrible. I didn't see the sequels obviously.

But I did like their appearance in Endgame was it? That's how they should be, a part of a larger movie, a few scenes where Pratt can do his thing. That Hemsworth/Pratt bit about who was in charge was maybe my favorite part of the whole movie.

Horrible. I didn't see the sequels obviously.

But I did like their appearance in Endgame was it? That's how they should be, a part of a larger movie, a few scenes where Pratt can do his thing. That Hemsworth/Pratt bit about who was in charge was maybe my favorite part of the whole movie.

You're the Kate of forumice.

EuRp.gif

Wow, that's a hot take. I thought everyone loved Guardians. They're maybe the best of all the Marvel movies.
I was amazed the first Guardians did any business, but at that point the Marvel movies brand had been so established that I think a Peter Porker, Spectacular Spider-Pig film would've been a hit. Literally an actual character for just the casual comics fans.

And I was at the point of almost turning it off at one point it was so bad. If you like aliens - and lots of them, just a mass of unrecognizable weirdo characters making stupid noises and saying stupid shit, Guardians, Star Wars, and whatever other space sci-fi garbage is your thing. Not for me.

Back