• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Worst reviewed Marvel movie ever.

Almost certain no sequel forthcoming.

Morbius isn't really a "Marvel movie".

It's a character that originated in Marvel comics, but the character is owned by Sony, and they made the movie without the involvement of Marvel studios. Much like all of the X-Men flicks, the Venom movies and the Tobey McGuire/Andrew Garfield Spidey movies.

It's a character that originated in Marvel comics, but the character is owned by Sony, and they made the movie without the involvement of Marvel studios. Much like all of the X-Men flicks, the Venom movies and the Tobey McGuire/Andrew Garfield Spidey movies.
It's considered a Spidey movie technically.

Another piece of garbage character who couldn't even carry his own comic book, but who had a $200M film budget thrown at him.

I did actually make some money off of it though, so I'm glad they made it.

Would welcome a sequel wholeheartedly, but would likely never sit through five minutes of it.

Even the Holland Spiderman movies have been Sony, I'm pretty sure.

I mean, Morbius is probably a D list villain in the Spider verse, and an F list villian/hero whatever in the broader Marvel verse.

It's like if they made an X-Men movie centered on Pyro from the Evil Brotherhood.

I just picture the Sony execs sitting around a huge conference table saying, guys, these fucking sheep paid to go see Guardians of the Fucking Galaxy. Morbius with Oscar winner Jared Leto will shake the earth!

Nah - Sony has very few properties so they try to bank what they can. That's why they kept doing spidey over and over again.

Reactions: CH1
Even the Holland Spiderman movies have been Sony, I'm pretty sure.

The Holland Spiderman movies were a result of a deal between Sony & Marvel Studios to co-produce Spidey movies and integrate him into the MCU. So, I believe Marvel Studios was driving the bus for those movies.

That agreement came to an end after the last Spidey movie though and Sony still has exclusive ownership over the character, so Spider-man's future in the MCU is a bit uncertain at this point.

Nah - Sony has very few properties so they try to bank what they can. That's why they kept doing spidey over and over again.
They could've picked a better member of the Spidey rogue's gallery for a big budget film. Michael fucking Morbius. Jezus.

The history of Marvel and how it went bankrupt and became fragmented over multiple corporations is fascinating

The Holland Spiderman movies were a result of a deal between Sony & Marvel Studios to co-produce Spidey movies and integrate him into the MCU. So, I believe Marvel Studios was driving the bus for those movies.

That agreement came to an end after the last Spidey movie though, so the character's future in the MCU is a bit uncertain at this point.
I think they made another deal to keep it going.

The history of Marvel and how it went bankrupt and became fragmented over multiple corporations is fascinating
Correct. I think I remember reading you could've bought it for like $3M or $5M at one point, they were so desperate. Can you fucking imagine!

Back in the day here, I would see the Marvel logo marking their offices above a Mercedes dealership on Beverly Blvd. I always thought it was so cool and wondered what went up there, like a star struck little kid. Then I read about how it was complete disarray, infighting, teetering on the bring of bankruptcy, and so on.

I know people always look back and say, oh if I had some money or whatever. But I've always been in love with Marvel since as far as I can remember. If I had been like some internet gazillionaire back then, I 100% would've acquired Marvel for $10M, $20M, whatever. I knew at some point they'd make something out of Spiderman for sure, but Guardians I would've sold off for $10 bucks, I admit.

Kraven definitely could've given them a nice dark gritty grounded film.

The original Hobgoblin storyline from the comics is one of the best Spidey arcs ever. It would've pulled in Kingpin, the Rose, the mystery of who Hobby was. You didn't even need an appearance from Spidey. And then you could work Hobby into the next Spidey film seamlessly as the villain.

There's a bunch I could name.

Kraven definitely could've given them a nice dark gritty grounded film.

The original Hobgoblin storyline from the comics is one of the best Spidey arcs ever. It would've pulled in Kingpin, the Rose, the mystery of who Hobby was. You didn't even need an appearance from Spidey. And then you could work Hobby into the next Spidey film seamlessly as the villain.

There's a bunch I could name.

Jesus christ

You're the guy making fun of star wars nerdz?

Correct. I think I remember reading you could've bought it for like $3M or $5M at one point, they were so desperate. Can you fucking imagine!

Back in the day here, I would see the Marvel logo marking their offices above a Mercedes dealership on Beverly Blvd. I always thought it was so cool and wondered what went up there, like a star struck little kid. Then I read about how it was complete disarray, infighting, teetering on the bring of bankruptcy, and so on.

I know people always look back and say, oh if I had some money or whatever. But I've always been in love with Marvel since as far as I can remember. If I had been like some internet gazillionaire back then, I 100% would've acquired Marvel for $10M, $20M, whatever. I knew at some point they'd make something out of Spiderman for sure, but Guardians I would've sold off for $10 bucks, I admit.

Their debt was thru the roof — scared everyone away…. The movie formula hadn’t been invented yet as the tech wasn’t good enough to make action sequences believable (unless you were 14)

I don't think you're a comics guy. Stick to teddies in space, or whatever goes on in those movies.

Yeah I'll stick to watching a few hours on the screen. You stick to cataloguing all the secondary and tertiary characters in your collection of kiddie cartoon books.

Back