• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

In their own way, comic book storylines are comparable to novels. If you tried to film everything it would be an 8-hour film.

The Marvel movies definitely lean too much towards lengthy action scenes and not enough towards story or character development. But they're generally still really good, and you can't argue with the success.

Star Wars universe is much more interesting, though.

My interest in comicbook movies was sky high back when this new wave started (2008ish) but now has nosedived to MSOS levels

Whoa whoa whoa I like superheroes and jedi just fine.

I'm not the one nerding out about the epic storylines and character development in cartoon magazines and their superiority over Hollywood schlock.
Um, I said Morbius was an odd choice for a Spidey verse character to get a solo film. You asked who else would've been better, and I gave you a couple of names, and even a couple of storylines that could've been easily adapted. And yes, if you actually had any knowledge of the source material, you'd know it is superior. It's the reason they made movies off of them in the first place.

In any event, I suppose it's super embarrassing to have read Marvel and DC comics, but incredibly cool to know shit about Jar Jar's extended family and watching little girls outrun Jedi masters.

In their own way, comic book storylines are comparable to novels. If you tried to film everything it would be an 8-hour film.

The Marvel movies definitely lean too much towards lengthy action scenes and not enough towards story or character development. But they're generally still really good, and you can't argue with the success.

Star Wars universe is much more interesting, though.
Well put. Until the last line. That was a fail.

Asian market is huge, and action scenes don’t lose anything in translation.

Um, I said Morbius was an odd choice for a Spidey verse character to get a solo film. You asked who else would've been better, and I gave you a couple of names, and even a couple of storylines that could've been easily adapted. And yes, if you actually had any knowledge of the source material, you'd know it is superior. It's the reason they made movies off of them in the first place.

In any event, I suppose it's super embarrassing to have read Marvel and DC comics, but incredibly cool to know shit about Jar Jar's extended family and watching little girls outrun Jedi masters.

Hey nerding out to star wars books is every bit as nerdy as nerding out to comic books.

My interest in comicbook movies was sky high back when this new wave started (2008ish) but now has nosedived to MSOS levels
I only got excited about Nolan's Batman.

Tobey Spidey I was interested in, but left thinking meh. Didn't care for Garfield's. I think Holland's are good, but I find it really boring to have to keep following the adventures of high school Peter. They should focus on the SpiderMAN part whenever Holland's run is done (and he will never be a man, so count him out. At some point, someone will figure out that they should make a semi-serious Spidey movie. The character they've always shown is just troubled teen Peter trying to keep his identity a secret. There's way more to the character.

Hey nerding out to star wars books is every bit as nerdy as nerding out to comic books.
I agree. I said to each his own and that I simply didn't relate to your teddy bear warrior franchise.

You're the one laughing at the notion of reading comic books - or cartoony whatever you called them. Which is ironic because they stories you love in the movies are just crap versions of classics in the books.

Yeah…Spidey was my fave to read but the movies keep cranking out the same origin story.

He has to leave high school ASAP

I mean, for shits and giggles, imagine a franchise with a 30 year old Spidey played by someone like Cavill. Not him with all the muscles and stuff, but someone like him, an actual man instead of a sissy boy. And now give him a serious story.

It would almost be an entirely different character.

Reactions: CH1
I agree. I said to each his own and that I simply didn't relate to your teddy bear warrior franchise.

You're the one laughing at the notion of reading comic books - or cartoony whatever you called them. Which is ironic because they stories you love in the movies are just crap versions of classics in the books.

Yes I am the one laughing at you for criticizing comic book movies because they don't live up to the genius depth of comic books, and for criticizing the star wars universe for not having the realism, depth, and maturity of superhero universes.

Guilty!

Yes I am the one laughing at you for criticizing comic book movies because they don't live up to the genius depth of comic books, and for criticizing the star wars universe for not having the realism, depth, and maturity of superhero universes.

Guilty!
Correct.

Morbius was pretty shit imo. Like the Venom movies.

Dr Strange was ok.

Better Call Saul… now that is some excellent excellent tv. That last episode was 🔥.

I mean, for shits and giggles, imagine a franchise with a 30 year old Spidey played by someone like Cavill. Not him with all the muscles and stuff, but someone like him, an actual man instead of a sissy boy. And now give him a serious story.

It would almost be an entirely different character.
Yeah it would be Batman.

Fuck off. You were already scarred by deep goalie controversies with tweens.
A Bridge Too Far was a better movie than Star Wars. It was also about an actual thing that happened rather than a film adaptation of some sci-fi nerd's wet dream. The best part of Star Wars was left in whatever gym sock the series creator was wanking into at the time. And now that Disney owns it you can be sure that it's going to be a cow that gets milked dry and then sold off for the meat.

But to each their own.

Back