• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Hey you love comic books. that's great. nothing wrong with that.

But a comic book nerd mocking star wars will never not be funny.
That’s your mistake. I’m a guy saying This Is Us is not embarrassing compared to Star Wars.

I’m not saying comic books are any more or less embarrassing than Star Wars, but I like them more. And you should read a comic book before having an opinion on it.

I love star trek too

I’ve seen every episode of TNG & DS9, a lot of Voyager & the original series, all of the movies plus the first couple of seasons of Discovery (though I’ve since given up on that show).

So yeah, that almost certainly qualifies me as a Star Trek nerd.

Anyone watched the Norm Macdonald special?
Hard to do a great comedy special on a podcast format, but it's good to see him. Watching now.

It's okay to feel Habsy

archer-you.gif

Unfortunately, This is Us is embarassing shameful shlocky tripe. One of the lowest points of my life. I may end it all now. Stay tuned.

But Superhero movies and Star Wars movies are the exact same level of fun action and spectacle with a similar amount of depth, and a similar amount of good and bad films. Arguing that eye lasers and power gems and thunder gods are more mature and realistic than laser swords and robots and aliens is........ hilarious.

P.S. Comic Books are not "reading". They are kids' picture books. Not literature. Mocking film adaptations for not having the depth of comic books is pure Comic Book Guy geekery.
Comic-Book-Guy-The-Simpsons.jpg

uhhhh....that's "Graphic Novel" to you sir.:p

Back