• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Might be a better story but you obviously do not comprehend the full meaning of “origin story”
If you prefer the Nicholson Joker of falling in a vat I get it. You're a purist.

To some, like me, that's far too juvenile and easy. Watching the slow descent into madness was far far more riveting to me.

In this age of multi-universe, go with the flow on a different origin story.

LeafOfFaith

Did any of it really happen or was it all in his head?

Pretty sure he smashed his head against the glass in the psyche hospital.

Is he the inspiration for the real joker?

Is he THE joker?

Is he Bruce Wayne’s brother?

LOVED how open ended that movie was and how you can interpret it so many ways. So good. Brilliant storytelling.
Oh lord, I forgot about about that part. I fucking cringed when that happened.

LeafOfFaith

I mean, they’re doing the skrull invasion story in the next wave of marvel movies. They’re done lifting the good comic book stories (and usually doing them worse), now they’re on to the bad stories. Like they honestly can’t write an original story. It’s embarrassing.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
If you prefer the Nicholson Joker of falling in a vat I get it. You're a purist.

To some, like me, that's far too juvenile and easy. Watching the slow decent into madness was far far more riveting to me.

In this age of multi-universe, go with the flow on a different origin story.

I never stated my preference — just that there can only be one origin story, on account of there being a guy who actually invented the character half a century ago

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
I never stated my preference — just that there can only be one origin story, on account of there being a guy who actually invented the character half a century ago
How granular.

We know what you mean dude. Just because someone changes an origin story doesn't mean it's not the real joker if the character interactions remain similar.

LeafOfFaith

Exactly. This is the fucking character. Write a new story for him but don’t change the past. Hey, what if Bruce’s parents were never killed but he saw his girlfriend killed by some burglar? That’s not Bruce Wayne anymore. Leave shit alone, dammit.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
So the guy that complains things are rehashed to death is complaining that a different angle on a prequel is faux pas?

Writing a new story over the origin story has been beaten to death.

Also, there are those that want to see something better and this, to me, is way better.

LeafOfFaith

So the guy that complains things are rehashed to death is complaining that a different angle on a prequel is faux pas?

Writing a new story over the origin story has been beaten to death.

Also, there are those that want to see something better and this, to me, is way better.
You realize there’s a difference between changing an existing story (bad), lifting from age old source material (boring), and telling a new original story (good!)?

I’m not asking for a different origin story for the Joker. They can write a new original non-origin story for him.

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Yeah it was great. You don't have to pretend it's some fantastical world or anything. It was just a good ol' fashioned classic solid film. Really well done.