• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL Thread

They should just get rid of kickoffs completely unless a team attempts an inside kick, since they've pretty much removed all importance of it already.
They changed the kickoff rules but most teams seem content to just kick it through the endzone. The rule change hasn't got a chance to work unless they push the kickoff back about 10 yards.

must be free preview because non parasites like me paid 300 for the season
This is the second or third year I've had it so it must be one hell of a great free preview. Personally, I think it was a mistake on Telus' part which to which I have no plans to alert them. I pay for Centre Ice which means I'm getting a football/hockey package for roughly what it should be worth.

Don't you stand for "doing the right thing"? How then can you not pay for Ticket if Telus is making a mistake? #moralcompass

Don't you stand for "doing the right thing"? How then can you not pay for Ticket if Telus is making a mistake? #moralcompass
Telus is a big corporation which, along with the NFL, is gouging consumers for a sub-standard product that is not worth anywhere near the $300 they're charging for it. The right thing to do is take advantage of their unintended largesse and incompetence.

I am the Resistance.

As Archie Bunker said to Floyd "you're a thief"
I didn't steal it, they gave it to me free of charge. Who knows? Maybe they just like me. I'm not about to question something that is to my advantage. Do you think they'd ever send me an email apologizing for overcharging me without me first lodging a complaint? These corporate bastards give no quarter so they get no quarter. I'm not a thief, they're just incompetent.

yeah...$40 month (with taxes)

or what I did....go to Amazon.ca and purchase a $99 DAZN gift card that covers 6 months
Ahh. That seems like the path forward. I just need the dazn app on my TV?

Yes. I'm old.

Ahh. That seems like the path forward. I just need the dazn app on my TV?

Yes. I'm old.

it's available as a tv app....but you could also login to your computer and screen mirror the video to your tv

I didn't steal it, they gave it to me free of charge. Who knows? Maybe they just like me. I'm not about to question something that is to my advantage. Do you think they'd ever send me an email apologizing for overcharging me without me first lodging a complaint? These corporate bastards give no quarter so they get no quarter. I'm not a thief, they're just incompetent.
so if CRA told me by mistake I didn't have to pay any tax, you would be fine with that? I just want to know your position on such things for future reference.

Reactions: CH1
so if CRA told me by mistake I didn't have to pay any tax, you would be fine with that? I just want to know your position on such things for future reference.
In the case of CRA, they can come after you for back taxes owed. But Telus can't charge me for a service they gave me which I never asked for. Taxes aren't optional, NFL Sunday Ticket is, and unless I asked Telus to provide it to me, I don't owe them a penny for it.

In the case of CRA, they can come after you for back taxes owed. But Telus can't charge me for a service they gave me which I never asked for. Taxes aren't optional, NFL Sunday Ticket is, and unless I asked Telus to provide it to me, I don't owe them a penny for it.
it would still be the right thing to do and tell them you do not want it instead of stealing from them because they didn't offer you a freebie, it is a glitch and you are taking advantage of their miscue, not very virtuous of you

My brothers in laws got free cable for like 2 decades.

The best part is they did not even know they were not being charged until they complained about a channel not working or something silly. That is when they found out they were paying for internet but not cable.

I tried reading up on IPTV once, and it just listed a whole bunch of stuff that I know nothing about and gave up. I'll stick to "streaming".

I tried reading up on IPTV once, and it just listed a whole bunch of stuff that I know nothing about and gave up. I'll stick to "streaming".
theoretically IPTV is illegal in Canada but Wemustobey only obeys laws with which he agrees and his slacktivism leads him to believe he's sticking it to the man by stealing cable

Back