• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

Canada vs Argentina on Sportsnet world at noon. U-17 world cup final group game.

Canada heads into today in 2nd place in the group with a pair of draws

Sure it was Belarus but a little Barcelona in Bosnia :)

[video=youtube;U9MeYM93SAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9MeYM93SAc[/video]

I don't watch much soccer, but his skill level is off the charts. I don't know how consistent he is in club football, but some of the goals he scores I doubt more than a handful of players would even attempt.

he's done very well for PSG the last couple of years

I posted this on FB already but i figured i would post on here.... have 1 maybe 2 tickets available for the TFC game tomorrow. PM me if interested.

Udinese had some good chances, including a post and one ball that had to be cleared near the line. But considering that Maicon got a red in the 66th minute, considering that Totti/Gervinho were out, I thought Roma played pretty well overall. Best players in the game imo: Ljajic, Pjanic, Strootman, and Benatia. Ljajic looked very impressive. Showed a lot of skill and battled for balls. I'd say best player in this game. Pjanic was also quite good, two beautiful passes/plays, but Roma didn't make them count. On top of that Pjanic did have one good attempt at goal (missed probably by 3-5feet) He also had an attempt with a free kick, on target but the shot was on the weaker side and mostly right at the goalie. Strootman is a really terrific player. An absolute tank when he's defending, very physical, gets his man. But clearly he also has play-making abilities. He looks quite decent with the ball at his feet and he's a smart player. Nice job to set-up Bradley for that goal but looked good with the ball even before that. And Benatia was really solid back there. Looked very sharp, won some really important balls, and just a very secure/solid performance.

Roma are now 9-0-0.

Strootman-DeRossi-Pjanic have formed one of the best mid's in the world. They've been dominant.

Benatia is a stud and Castan has played well in central defense.

Teams just can't get through the middle against Roma.

The record for consecutive wins to start a season in one the big euro leagues is 11 by Tottenham in 60/61.

Roma's at 9 -- their next 3 games -- vs Chievo, @ Torino, vs Sassuolo.

@MLSTransfers: So #TFC will be putting up, $7.7 million bid for Gilardino, and $8.9 million contract over 3 years. $16.6 million on the striker total. #MLS

All info appears to be coming from sky Italy.... Looks like TL is starting to throw around some of MLSE's money.

Just to add his agent was in Toronto on sat for the final game

@MLSTransfers: So #TFC will be putting up, $7.7 million bid for Gilardino, and $8.9 million contract over 3 years. $16.6 million on the striker total. #MLS

All info appears to be coming from sky Italy.... Looks like TL is starting to throw around some of MLSE's money.

Just to add his agent was in Toronto on sat for the final game

that would be pretty amazing.

Back