• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

@MLSTransfers: So #TFC will be putting up, $7.7 million bid for Gilardino, and $8.9 million contract over 3 years. $16.6 million on the striker total. #MLS

All info appears to be coming from sky Italy.... Looks like TL is starting to throw around some of MLSE's money.

Just to add his agent was in Toronto on sat for the final game

He'd be a very good get because he's only 31 years old. Still has lots of good years ahead of him. He's a proven goal scorer in Serie A, which isn't an easy league to score in.

Problem is, he could still make the world cup team, so they might have to wait until after WC.

He'd be a very good get because he's only 31 years old. Still has lots of good years ahead of him. He's a proven goal scorer in Serie A, which isn't an easy league to score in.

Problem is, he could still make the world cup team, so they might have to wait until after WC.

This right here is what worries me... getting big names is nice but if they don't arrive until august next season i don't want to stand through another season where we are out by june.

I trust the source yesterday much more than this one but it's no secret that Dafoe is the main target for TFC and that talks have taken place. Whether an offer has been made is up for debate but this certainly makes sense.

It would also make Dafoe the highest paid player in the MLS at around 8 mil USD where i think the next is Dempsey at ~6mil

Montreal lose 3-0 to houston and not surprising at all they go out as classless fools... way to end the season douches

Dafoe is a one-trick donkey.

Yep. Depends on your midfield's ability to make good plays. You'd need to have someone always feeding perfect passes. The guy can shoot the ball from outside the box very well but his work rate sucks and he isn't that fast either.

I don't know if they were poor. Chievo played 10 guys behind the ball and made no real effort to score at all until they went down 1-0. Hard to play against a team like that.

I thought Boriello was really bad once again(and yes i know he scored). He doesn't do almost anything that well. Not the greatest runner, not much 1 on 1 skill, no shooting accuracy, no vision..Loses balls so easily. Vic and I watched the game together and i thought it was kinda boring..I agree the other team just defended but with Totti and Gervinho in there there is much more fluidity.

Montreal lose 3-0 to houston and not surprising at all they go out as classless fools... way to end the season douches

they still went further than your team n'est ce pas (and no I do not care about MLS).

That Houston player really did get a good kick in the ass.

Back