• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

they still went further than your team n'est ce pas (and no I do not care about MLS).

That Houston player really did get a good kick in the ass.

they sure did make the playoffs while sliding ass backwards to get their... then made a fool of themselves. Congrats to the Limpact classless on the pitch and in the stands

TFC's deficiencies have been well noted and nobody has blinders to the failure they have been.

I didn't watch but some Impact guy was thrown out and then another just started kicking a Houston player literally in the ass. Houston also handed the Impact their ass 3-0.

What happened TJF?

easier with the video: starts at around the 8:10 mark. Also prior to that a montreal player was set of for 2 yellows (both were elbows to the face

[video=youtube;5111amshv9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5111amshv9M[/video]

***I also have had a strong opinion about the impact and impact fans(mainly the UM02's) before this game***

That's disgraceful. All of the Impact players involved in that should be suspended to start next season.

Di Viao and Romero both recieved 3 game suspensions to start next season, mtl $25k fine, mtl coach $2.5K, houston player recieved 1 game and team 5K i believe

Although i doubt MTL's coach will pay since people are guessing he will be fired... and the rumor floating around is nesta will replace him as head coach, which i don't believe but stranger things have happened

Last edited:
Andre Villas-Boas insists Jermain Defoe will snub a move to the MLS and stay with Tottenham.

Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen, who played with Defoe at Spurs two years ago, this week declared his interest in signing the striker. Defoe has 18 months left to run on his current deal and is second choice at Tottenham despite finding the target eight times this season.

Villas-Boas has preferred to use Roberto Soldado ahead of Defoe, with the 31-year-old being used primarily for the domestic and European cup competitions. Despite this, Villas-Boas still values Defoe highly and does not want to let the diminutive hitman leave.

"I have seen in the press that there is reported interest (from Toronto), but we want the player to stay on and hold on to those last years of his contract," the Spurs boss said. "In the end the player is committed to the club and the club is committed to the player."

Defoe recently spoke of his frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities at Spurs -- something that could cost him dear in the fight for a place in England's World Cup squad.

But Villas-Boas believes the player is determined to win back his place in the side after becoming joint-record scorer for the club in Europe this season.

"The player at the moment is our top goal scorer and he is chasing the European record for the club as well which is important for his individual motivation," Villas-Boas said. "I think he is extremely happy, not only because of what he has achieved, but also because of the smile on his face.

"He has had a better start than he had last year. That is an impressive goals tally and he is a player that everyone cherishes."

Nelsen, who played for Spurs in Harry Redknapp's final six months at the helm, lavished praise on Defoe during an interview this week, admitting he would be an "unbelievable" signing for the Canadian club.

Villas-Boas says he is not concerned at Nelsen's revelation that he regularly speaks to his former Tottenham teammate.

"I'm fine with this," Villas-Boas said. "I have no problem (with it). In the end situations like this can happen."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...s-insists-jermain-defoe-snub-move-mls?cc=5901

They are hurting upfront. Gervinho, Totti and Destro are all out. Hoepfully Gervinho is healthy and ready for the next game because he's been really good.

They've been forced to play Borriello, their 5th striker, who just isn't very good.

Thier mids and attacking mids like Pjanic and Florenzi have been carrying them offensively.

SN 590 The FAN ‏@FAN590 57s A report from Italy via @tancredipalmeri says that Alberto Gilardino will accept the 3-year offer from Toronto FC.

Very good news. Big question is, what month we get him. Still after Dafoe as well.

SN 590 The FAN ‏@FAN590 57s A report from Italy via @tancredipalmeri says that Alberto Gilardino will accept the 3-year offer from Toronto FC.

Very good news. Big question is, what month we get him. Still after Dafoe as well.

Not signed yet... if the Forlan debacle was any indication i wouldn't trust anything until it appears on the TFC website.

Were there ever any reports than Frolan agreed to sign with TFC?

Remember just hearing that TFC wanted to sign him.

From what i have heard the deal was agreed to... to a certain point but TFC higher ups pulled it away because of the term of the deal (he wanted to leave mid season 2016). Big reason KP was fired was how he handled the DP search last season.

Hopefully i will hear something tuesday and if i can she i will

Gareth Wheeler ‏@WheelerTSN 4m Source tells me Leiweke has been entertaining potential DP's mother in Toronto for the last week or so. She apparently likes the city. #TFC

and

Gareth Wheeler ‏@WheelerTSN 3m
She was at Real Sports today watching her son play in the Europa League. And he'll likely play in World Cup. Defoe? Scored today #THFC #TFC

pulling out all the stops

Back