• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

GgWLllX.gif

So we had a potential DP in the house tonight... he is currently 5th in Brazilian league scoring and only 24 years of age. He sat in LT seats tonight during the raps game.

Gilberto Oliveria souza Junior is the player we are talking about... he would be the B level DP to go along with the A level that will hopefully sign in january

Paul Carr @PCarrESPN
Juventus is the first Italian club eliminated in the Champions League group stage in the last four seasons.

So apparently Pellegrini didn't realize Man City only needed 1 more goal to finish first. He was waiting to first get the 4th goal vs Bayern before putting on Aguero. He thought they needed 5.

Ach, Napoli crashes out even though they got 12pts. That is tough.

Milan the only wop team to make it past the first round, and they were hardly impressive.

Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman 12m

Toronto FC will introduce new Designated Player signing Gilberto at a 3pm press conference at ACC today

nice... thoughts?

I talked to one of my brazilian friends and says he has a good pedigree but doesn't really know him well.

14 goals in 24 games in the top brazilian league at the age of 24 is pretty good.

This is from his last season:

[video=youtube;CD5muIetHXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5muIetHXk[/video]

Anything will be better then Chud Barrett and Earnshaw and the rest of the crew we've seen them call strikers since Danny K

Earnie drove me nuts last year with his weak shots from 35 yards out. Having him and then probably dafoe playing behind him will make a very solid striker combination.

Back