• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

QPR will still pay his wages... my guess is he will be on TFC's books for less than 100k.

QPR loans him so he can get some games and look good at the world cup.... and then be able to rid themselves of his wages in the summer window

Where did you uread QPR will still pay his wages? It doesn't make sense, if TFC is taking him on loan, I'm assuming theyre also paying his wages.

Where did you uread QPR will still pay his wages? It doesn't make sense, if TFC is taking him on loan, I'm assuming theyre also paying his wages.

TFC can't be paying his wages as he would then be considered a DP and they already have to get rid of Laba due to the DP tag. The max TFC can be on the hook for is slightly below $390,000(full season cap hit) and I would suspect that the number is substantially lower than that.

The only way i can see more money going the other way to QPR is if we pay them to come play a friendly here but with Spurs and Roma coming in the next few years that probably won't happen either.

We likely won't know the terms of the loan as they are never made public but i can tell you for certain that of the 5.5 mil a season Cesar makes TFC can't pay more than 7.1% of it and it will likely be substantially less than that.

If you are trying to build a team that is a contender every year including this year, why bring someone in for just half a year instead of establishing a number one goaltender?

If you are trying to build a team that is a contender every year including this year, why bring someone in for just half a year instead of establishing a number one goaltender?

i will take my post from another message board and place it here.

While Goalkeeper is not a position we really need to upgrade, when you have a chance to bring in one of the best players at his position in the world you do it.

Bendik may have taken a little shot to his pride but i really hope he takes this opportunity to learn how the best in the world does it, act like a sponge because this may be the 1 and only time he can work with the best on a daily basis.

It goes beyond the goaltenders as well: think of how much Henry, Agboss, Morrow, Morgan, Hagglund etc can learn positionally from a keeper with as much experience as Cesar. This time can and should be looked at as a huge opportunity for everyone on the team to pick the brain of a player who has won almost everything.

Beyond the current team how big will it be for us as TFC supporters and MLS in general to be able to say "ya that toronto FC player is starting for Brazil" and for him to be able to tell his teammates and countrymen that the MLS is a viable option and that he loved his time in toronto. For recruiting purposes that is a huge advantage when we want to go to south america and pick out good young talent or try and convince an established to come here.

Cesar is a better keeper than Defoe is a striker or Bradley is a Midfielder... I for one am going to really enjoy seeing Cesar wear the red even if it is just for a couple months.

@LukeWileman: Toronto FC will introduce new loan signing, Brazilian GK Julio Cesar, at a 1pm press conference at Downsview training facility today

Freaking awesome. I'm officially pumped about the season.

it will be streamed live on torontofc.ca and live on tv on GolTV

****EDIT: I was wrong with one thing i stated above... Julio is here for the full season not just till the world cup

Last edited:
BgcmqtzCQAAQ7jZ.jpg

4 weeks today will be the season opener at Seattle.... time has flown this off-season.

For those who have kept tickets or will be attending opening day look for many things to be happening in the supporter sections.

I won't get the opener, but I'll be there at some point.

This should be a special year.
The MLS is not like baseball...we aren't going to pull a Jays here. In one fell swoop MLSE has instantly made the TFC legit. Things were already pointing towards playoffs, but you add Cesar to the mix, and we're going to end up a Juggernaut once the team gels.

Back