• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

Just got home from toronto where I we had our viewing party at wheat sheaf... 40+ people showed up and it was one of the best afternoons I have had while watching TFC including our own Deckie.

Thoughts:

The good:

-Jermaine Defoe scored 2 goals on his debut. The difference between last year and this year is we have a player who scores those chances where last year Earnshaw would have hoofed it 95 ft wide and the rest of our strikers just wouldn't have made the run
- The midfield was solid and Bradley has one hell of a motor on him.
- Rey was being Rey: one of the best players i have seen with the ball at his feet in this league but he has a tendency to hold the ball longer than he should but i will take the slight negatives for the huge positives he brings.
- Osorio is ready to contribute on a weekly basis and should be looked at as one of the best young canadian players in the world.
- Our D held strong for most of the game and made sure we kept the 3pts in the end.

The Bad:
- People point to Jackson but he is the type of player you get in the league. Very fast and strong but overly aggressive and his touch isn't very good but as long as you don't expect him to carry your team he is serviceable.
- Depth: with Gilberto out and Issey Nakajima-Farran not yet signed our bench was thin. This will be a cause for worry as we probably need 1 or 2 more quality guys to fill out the squad and give us enough depth to survive injuries/suspensions/international duty.

What's Next?

Well Gilberto should be ready for next weekend, Bradley Orr should be ready to start and I'm assuming that Nakajima Farran will be signed by Monday or Tuesday. This should give us both Dero and Nakajima-Farran on the bench which will be massive.
The supporters are all gearing up for the game and the atmosphere should be electric, it's a 430 kickoff and I have to leave Burlington by 930am to help get everything set up with my group.

Anyway Good game, Great result and onto the home opener.

Bang on how I saw it. Ya rey is great and dangerous just a bit selfish sometimes but it will get better. But when he got the stupid yellow and went out our mid collapsed. Silva will be great for us. We definitely need one more solid def and mid though. Again this was one of the better teams in the league so I'm happy with the win. Can't wait to get to some games this year. Gonna be exciting.

Bang on how I saw it. Ya rey is great and dangerous just a bit selfish sometimes but it will get better. But when he got the stupid yellow and went out our mid collapsed. Silva will be great for us. We definitely need one more solid def and mid though. Again this was one of the better teams in the league so I'm happy with the win. Can't wait to get to some games this year. Gonna be exciting.

You keep saying Silva??? Do you mean Gilberto?

s-SKYFALL-large640.jpg

Beauty shot.

But I'm not convinced the "return pass" to Rosicky wasn't an appalling first touch that bounced perfectly for Arsenal.

So Danny Koevermans retired due to a recurring calf injury after attempting to make a come back at FC Utrect.
Thanks for everything Danny!

112 if I'm not mistaken. going with 3 buddies. 2 of them have seasons and have extra seats all the time so I always go.

beauty... i assume you are heading to shoeless for pregame and the supporter march to the match?

DK was probably one of my favorite Reds of all time... it pains me to look back and think of what could have been if the turf monster in NE didn't end his career

Back