• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

We're 2-3 games behind everyone else, and the way we've been playing we can expect points in them.
We get everybody back after the break good things can happen.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27751265

Fifa is under growing pressure over its controversial decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.
One of its main sponsors, Sony, has called on the governing body to carry out an "appropriate investigation" into claims of wrongdoing during the bidding process.
Meanwhile, the Sunday Times has published new allegations based on a leak of millions of secret documents.
Qatar were awarded the right to stage the 2022 World Cup in December 2010.
The decision has come under increasing scrutiny with Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce saying he would support a re-vote to find a new host if corruption allegations can be proven.
Fifa president Sepp Blatter called for time to investigate the issues when he posted a message on his Twitter account which said: "Never ignoring media reports on ethics allegations in football. But let the Ethics Committee work!"
However, German sportswear company Adidas, which has a long-term sponsorship deal with Fifa that runs until 2030, said in a statement: "The negative tenor of the public debate around Fifa at the moment is neither good for football nor for Fifa and its partners."

The guy that broke this story was on the Fan a week or so ago, he had some amazing stories. Things like companies who specialize in sending you a ref you can bribe. Legit companies and that is their business. You need the score set for betting? You need the away team to win?
Have we got the ref for you.

The guy that broke this story was on the Fan a week or so ago, he had some amazing stories. Things like companies who specialize in sending you a ref you can bribe. Legit companies and that is their business. You need the score set for betting? You need the away team to win?
Have we got the ref for you.

Are you talking about Declan Hill? the guy who broke the story on the match fixing in the now defunct CSL?

Visa is also getting cold feet re: Qatar.

The sponsors absolutely should. They're forecasting 4000 occupational deaths of migrant workers in the building of the facilities for a ****ing soccer tournament. There's no way that any sort of civilized people can reward this type of shit for happening. The facilities are going to be death traps once they're finished as well from what I've heard.

There's no excuse in today's modern construction industry to kill anyone during a large scale project like that, nevermind have a forecast that equals the death count equal to some of the medium scale battles of World War ****ing Two

FIFA and the Qatar WC are jokes. Hopefully this triggers some reforms, FIFA has become transparently absurd network of cronies.

Not holding my breath...

United pulls out, Chelsea swoops in

@SkySportsNews: BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona. More on #SSN

I thought Croatia got jobbed on that call, but I guess he got more of the keeper than I thought.
It's hard not to think the fix is in...kinda sucks.

that was one of the worst games I ever seen in opening night, japanese ref? FIFA, really? and diving and simulations just made me sick to my stomach, glad I gave up on this piece of shit sport 12 year ago, thank God we still have hockey

dcb60f76653df8074ff6561766b53cb2.gif

:facepalm

that was one of the worst games I ever seen in opening night, japanese ref? FIFA, really? and diving and simulations just made me sick to my stomach, glad I gave up on this piece of shit sport 12 year ago, thank God we still have hockey

Couldn't agree more. Thank god there's no diving in hockey!

We have a World Cup thread guys.

But damn, Croatia got robbed. What a horrible call. You don't call a penalty in that situation, for god's sake the Brazilian players back was towards goal.

Back