• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

Gutsy performance by the boys in Red tonight. Down a man, down a goal on a late penalty shot, they score at the 89th to tie SKC 2-2.
Beauty.

End result was satisfying after being Toledo'd twice... but a frustrating performance overall.

Missing most of our midfield really led to SKC controlling play

Well yeah, that makes the point even sweeter. If we can hang on until we get the guys back we should be fine. We need to catch up in games, and obviously if we don't get points in them it doesn't matter...but standings aside, we are actually playing like 3rd place so hanging in is damn important.

Yep... Oso and Jackson should be back for saturday if not Wednesday. Hopefully we can 3+ points in the next two home games and take the V-Cup final vs Montreal.

Have had a few intriguing players in on trial recently and we have cap space available so we should see an addition or two in the summer transfer window.

I guess not...it was obvious they were tired, but all the theatrics, and the substitions ended up giving RM the extra time they needed.
I know it happens all the time, but man, they were right there.

I guess not...it was obvious they were tired, but all the theatrics, and the substitions ended up giving RM the extra time they needed.
I know it happens all the time, but man, they were right there.

that is true, there were only five extra minutes because that one guy wouldn't get up and was on the ground for 2-3 minutes.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/argos-on-the-outs-in-bmo-field-dispute-between-mlse-and-federal-government/article18862832/#dashboard/follows/

Stadium won't be bastardized anytime soon unless the feds tune changes quickly.

A Renovated Soccer Specific Stadium is a dream

Although I don't agree with giving any public money to fund sports stadiums, this makes little sense for the federal government to drag their feet on. Seems win-win to me for everyone involved.. I love that the Argos are getting the boot from the Dome and not landing at BMO. Makes me very happy on both levels.

Yep. don't want no football lines on my Football pitch. If TFC keeps getting better it'll be nice to fit more people in, maybe get the grass field going as well.

This has been me most of the day:

essu_s8s54.png

BTW if you like this comic strip I can repost them more often

David villa and Frank Lampard sign with New York City FC.

Villa yes but as far as i have seen Lampard is just rumors right now.... NYCFC has also been linked to Xavi i believe.

They are going to set a new standard for DP's in MLS and Orlando could very well follow with Kaka and Robinho

These next few years are going to be fun

They really will be interesting, especially the new CBA(DP rules, league min, intl slots, farm team systems etc).

With teams afraid to spend money like Chicago, NE etc the league will need to be very careful as these new teams and $$$ come in.

Back