• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer thread

Not surprised, they're going to be a hot ticket this year. Cheapest tickets on stubhub are like $50

if you just want a single ticket and then to crash 127 you can look in the ticket trader section of the RPB board where they have a couple tickets available for $20-40

watched my first bit of a TFC match when they beat Columbus last week. Tried watching it the first year of their existence and the quality of the play was just too grim for me to put up with. Shitty first touches, poorly timed runs, etc, etc, etc. Looked a lot more professional the 30-40 minutes I saw against columbus. There are still a few guys who have the gentle first touch of a serial rapist, but the quality was a fair shot better than I remember. I'll probably grab tickets a few times this summer as a few of my boys are TFC supporters.

watched my first bit of a TFC match when they beat Columbus last week. Tried watching it the first year of their existence and the quality of the play was just too grim for me to put up with. Shitty first touches, poorly timed runs, etc, etc, etc. Looked a lot more professional the 30-40 minutes I saw against columbus. There are still a few guys who have the gentle first touch of a serial rapist, but the quality was a fair shot better than I remember. I'll probably grab tickets a few times this summer as a few of my boys are TFC supporters.

League has improved by leaps and bounds the past few years and now that the heart of the USMNT play in MLS the league will only get better.

took a long time but it is a pretty simple concept: for the league to grow the best domestic players must see it as a suitable league for themselves during their prime years. With C*nt Dempsey and now Bradley back it is finally looking like the league is viewed that way.

nice....hopefully it turns into the type of platform that allows us to keep our best domestic players...De Guzman, Begovic, Der Harg....I'd like to see a relevant team canada at some point in my life.

nice....hopefully it turns into the type of platform that allows us to keep our best domestic players...De Guzman, Begovic, Der Harg....I'd like to see a relevant team canada at some point in my life.

Well best chance of that are the pro academies that are now in place... most of canadas U17 world cup contingent came from the academies.

I think every soccer fan knew Bradley was the big fish. He's the single most important TFC player ever, and it's not close.

Defoe was the hype as he is an english international and the guy they spent months trying to sign etc but Bradley is what makes this team tick... He is simply the best player in MLS

Yeah, I honestly didn't know just how good Bradley was. Such a difference-maker, especially in MLS where the talent level is so much lower than Europe. He's dominant here.

BlHqYF0CMAAtzWb.png:large

Honestly, there wasn't much argument against it. First loss to Stoke in three decades, first home loss to Newcastle in almost sixty years, 1-3-7 record against the top four clubs in the table, including multiple 3-0 blowouts to Liverpool and City.

Hopefully Giggsy doesn't pull out his hair dealing with the ensuing fall-out.

And yeah, what TimHorton said, with a slight preference to Klopp. The job he's done in rebuilding Borussia into a European powerhouse has been exceptional in such a short span of time.

Back