• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

I feel truly #blessed to live in Toronto and in the space of a few months, having gotten to experience not one but two once-in-a-lifetime events.

Both the solar eclipse and the worldwide aurora borealis were truly awe-inspiring celestial phenomena that make you step back from your busy day-to-day life and ponder your place in the cosmos.

I hope everyone can enjoy my humble photography of these two incredible events.

Toronto solar eclipse 2024

1715527039043.jpeg

World-wide aurora borealis 2024

1715527162415.jpeg

I feel truly #blessed to live in Toronto and in the space of a few months, having gotten to experience not one but two once-in-a-lifetime events.

Both the solar eclipse and the worldwide aurora borealis were truly awe-inspiring celestial phenomena that make you step back from your busy day-to-day life and ponder your place in the cosmos.

View attachment 20471

View attachment 20472
In Edmonton we got 28% of an eclipse and while our northern latitude should have given us a brilliant view of the aurora borealis, the smoke from all the forest fires blotted out everything.

View attachment 20471

View attachment 20472

If I squint a little, I see the outline of David Clarkson's mug in both.

View: https://x.com/RollingStone/status/1790820596915544066

dedikodu-kirk.gif

Back