• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

and he's right.

There was way too much "DNP - Coaches decision" for 5+ games then all of a sudden 20+ minutes a night until the guy failed.

Nurse managed his roster with as much spite as strategy this year. As much as I want to blame Masai for not filling the roster gaps, I see the counter argument from Masai. You want a backup? You have Malachi, play him until he proves he can't fill the role, we're trying to be patient and develop our talent here, which has always been the Raptors way. You have NBA calibre bench forwards in Thad, Boucher, & Precious...find roles for them.

No one was given a role they were fit for, Nurse just seemed to jam players in wherever (Juancho at centre, lol...Thad at centre, lol). I'm not saying Nurse had an easy job this year, but I think he did a bad job with the hard job. Not only weren't we good, we didn't learn much of fuck all about the young depth players on our roster, or develop them for future success. Are Malachi or Dalano NBA calibre guards? Is Precious actually good? Any surprises in the system (Champ, Harper, etc)?

oof-old-man.gif

Hey Kenny Atkinson, wyd? u up?

It’s not unfair to dislike the Raps job.
Mid ceiling, no 2nd this year, no 1st next year, no cap flexibility, east is beastly. You have to really like the core in order to see something there. Houston is at least a blank canvas

It’s not unfair to dislike the Raps job.
Mid ceiling, no 2nd this year, no 1st next year, no cap flexibility, east is beastly. You have to really like the core in order to see something there. Houston is at least a blank canvas

A blank canvas 3-4 years away from the playoffs.

and a Pres/GM combo that has made nuts swinging trades to push a seemingly ceiling'd out roster over the hump in the recent past.

and not just one, two. The Gasol trade was a big swinging nuts trade as well.
Trades can only occur with opportunity and let’s not disregard how unicorn the Kawhi situation really was. Superstar who needed trading whose situation was so desperate he had to accept a deal to Toronto. We are likely back to being a destination no one wants to go to

Just recentish trades of top 30 players this season according to BPM:

Paul George accepted a trade to Oklahoma City
Sabonis to Sacto
Hali to Indiana
KD to Phoenix
Kyrie to Dallas
Mitchell to Cleveland
Kristaps to Dallas & then Washington

None of those are premium destinatons. Build a good playoff team, trade for a star, we'll be fine.

Also of note, there is a young superstar from Toronto now with more on the way. 7 of the top 20 (again, according to BPM) and 5 of the top 7 were foreign born. This idea that we're a forever NBA backwater because American superstars don't want to play here is an old and tired one that doesn't align with the modern reality of who NBA stars are.

Trades can only occur with opportunity and let’s not disregard how unicorn the Kawhi situation really was. Superstar who needed trading whose situation was so desperate he had to accept a deal to Toronto. We are likely back to being a destination no one wants to go to
I mean, yes, true to an extent, BUT, I am pretty confident we will have more disgruntled superstars wanting out in the coming years.

Back