• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

but are his pizza reviews why he is famous and well known?

I'd never heard to the guy prior to seeing his idiotic hockey tweets, so I'm wondering why we care about him. and the answer seems to be, "pizza reviews"?

but are his pizza reviews why he is famous and well known?

I'd never heard to the guy prior to seeing his idiotic hockey tweets, so I'm wondering why we care about him. and the answer seems to be, "pizza reviews"?
He founded barstool sports. Pizza review thing is secondary but he has a loyal following that loves watching him eat pizza and say the word "undercarriage", "light" and "crisp" 5000 times. If you want to actually know the flavor of any pizza he eats, you're going to the wrong place.

He founded barstool sports. Pizza review thing is secondary but he has a loyal following that loves watching him eat pizza and say the word "undercarriage", "light" and "crisp" 5000 times.
while I'm disappointed he did not become famous reviewing pizza, this makes more sense. thanks.

and undercarriage is a fantastic word. dunno that is properly applies to pizza though.
Yeah I took a day out of my life one day to watch some of his stuff to figure out what the fuss is about and it was msotly him repeating 3 words over and over again and I was left with no idea of what the pizza actually tasted like. But that's part of the charm I think. He is quite charismatic.

Yeah I took a day out of my life one day to watch some of his stuff to figure out what the fuss is about and it was msotly him repeating 3 words over and over again and I was left with no idea of what the pizza actually tasted like. But that's part of the charm I think. He is quite charismatic.
maybe next time start with only an hour or 30 minutes at a time and you'll be less disappointed?

• Love
Reactions: CH1
and undercarriage is a fantastic word. dunno that is properly applies to pizza though.

Flop = bad
Undercarriage = good

and he's right

Preston is missing an important point. If you can't explain something to a 5 yr old in a way they understand it, you don't know the subject as well as you think. Portnoy can only explain it to 5 yr olds though, which by that same logic makes him the best pizza reviewer on the planet.

Presto Uber critical yet clearly watches the guys pizza reviews
I was not critical and I already explained that I took a day out of my life to watch him! His ridiculously horrible analysis and fantastic charm is oddly addicting. I was simply left with some lost brain cells by the end of it. Which, at this point who cares, not like I have much to lose.

Flop = bad
Undercarriage = good

and he's right

Preston is missing an important point. If you can't explain something to a 5 yr old in a way they understand it, you don't know the subject as well as you think. Portnoy can only explain it to 5 yr olds though, which by that same logic makes him the best pizza reviewer on the planet.
again, I appreciate what he's trying to communicate, but I don't think 'undercarriage' is accurate. it's catchy though, which is likely why he uses it.

and I also appreciate the value of a pizza with structural integrity.

while I'm disappointed he did not become famous reviewing pizza, this makes more sense. thanks.

you know all those annoying amateurs who started sports blogs/websites back in the day…well Dave super annoyingly started a sports site and smartly married it with his frat boy personality and then sold a chunk of it at half a billion dollar valuation

now he gets to do whatever annoying thing he wants…

he’s diametrically opposed to most of my values but we share a disdain for that rubbery pizza dough that turns into a mushy middle, sold as authentic Neapolitan pizza in North America

TL;DR it’s no Hot Ones which is a brilliant show (or was; I haven’t watched in a while)

again, I appreciate what he's trying to communicate, but I don't think 'undercarriage' is accurate. it's catchy though, which is likely why he uses it.

and I also appreciate the value of a pizza with structural integrity.
He's not meant to be a professional reviewer so I wouldn't get hung up on his gimmicks. He's just a very successful, rich and tbh intelligent human being who likes his pizza to be thin, crispy and cooked in a very hot oven.

I actually kind of like that he dumbs it down because pizza is just a junk food at the end of the day. It's not that serious.

Back