• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

fucking nepo babies eh

Like yeah, but is a bet on Lebron's genes developing in a NBA level player, while playing with Lebron for a few years really a worse bet than something else you would have otherwise taken in the mid 50's?

Would he have been drafted without the last name James. No. But let's not pretend the kid isn't a super bouncy, quick twitch athlete with probably the best basketball playing mind on the planet all in on developing him. I wouldn't be shocked if Bronny turned out to be a NBA player. Not a great one, or even a good one, but worth a roster spot? I wouldn't bet against that.

View: https://x.com/michaelgrange/status/1806796838965490105

Something has to be up. Brown has to be moved at this point. We letting Trent walk for nothing? Seems a waste of an asset. Not that he’d be worth much.

And we don’t have the full mle to use either? What’s the point? Brown has to move and we have to shed salary as part of the return?

- Brown will almost definitely be moved.
- Meh, if Trent walks for nothing, meh.
- The NBA cap is a bit byzantine, but I'm going to bet that the IQ signing plus our existing cap holds limit what we can do from here.
- I don't think we need to shed salary in a Brown move. I think the salary has to be within 25% of Brown's though if we're over the 142 million dollar cap (we is) when we make the trade. Can't be bothered to do the math, but the Wiggins contract would be close.

No no. Just a bit of a waste not moving him last deadline. I don’t want him here either way. But he’s still a rotation/bench piece.

No no. Just a bit of a waste not moving him last deadline. I don’t want him here either way. But he’s still a rotation/bench piece.

Depends man. If the only offers for him included salary coming back, meh.

Look at the value we were able to get for like 8 million in space yesterday. Multiple 2nds, 2 cheap rotation players. I don't know if I would have wanted a guaranteed late 1st in this draft and salary for next year in exchange for Gary tbh.

Watching that pack. If I squint I can see a pick and roll runner. He seems like he enjoys getting into the lane, seems like he can finish in there, and has decent shooting mechanics that you can’t go under on him all the time.

We all know he is hard nosed to play against. Now if he can run a decent pick and roll and shoot 36% we have a good back up

Like yeah, but is a bet on Lebron's genes developing in a NBA level player, while playing with Lebron for a few years really a worse bet than something else you would have otherwise taken in the mid 50's?

Would he have been drafted without the last name James. No. But let's not pretend the kid isn't a super bouncy, quick twitch athlete with probably the best basketball playing mind on the planet all in on developing him. I wouldn't be shocked if Bronny turned out to be a NBA player. Not a great one, or even a good one, but worth a roster spot? I wouldn't bet against that.
My issue if I were the team would be locker room dynamics. Can you really sit the kid if he is not ready? Scream at him if he misses an assignment? Etc

What will other players think? He is clearly not good enough at this point.

Back