• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Yeah, this is what I was going to say when I saw that. Pretty sure FIBA rules don't allow you to sign with another organization if you're under contract and his 1yr left was guaranteed. Also, dude is going to get opportunity this year. You'd have to miss Europe a whole lot to pass up on entering NBA free agency as a 29 yr old next summer after a year of maybe probably playing 20+mpg and showing the league that you're legit spacing and offensive threat off of the bench. A 3-4 yr MLE deal is like 30-45 million now. Shoot 40% from outside and do some other versatile things and you might just have a contender looking at throwing their MLE at you for a few years. Greece is nice I'm sure, but 12 million > 2 million

News/Rumour roundup:

- Russ picks up his option to go back to Clippers
- D'Lo picks up his option with the Lakers
- Lebron is opting out, but expecting to sign a max extension
- Kevin Love opting out, but also expecting to stay with the Heat on a multi year
- Portland picking up Delano's option
- Sounds like Klay and Dallas are circling each other
- Royce O'neale probably returning to the Suns 4/44

Last edited:
News/Rumour roundup:

- Russ picks up his option to go back to Clippers
- D'Lo picks up his option with the Lakers
- Lebron is opting out, but expecting to sign a max extension
- Kevin Love opting out, but also expecting to stay with the Heat on a multi year
- Portland picking up Delano's option
- Sounds like Klay and Dallas are circling each other
- Royce O'neale probably returning to the Suns 4/44
Waiting on Paul George. He's got a monster one year option.

Wonder if LAC buckle on his contract ask now. Philly will offer max to get him.

Oubre or Covington become interesting options for depth wing players on the market now. They probably keep Covington (they had his full bird rights) but they have no bird rights on Oubre, so can't go over the cap to re sign him. He's going to market. If we don't do the Wiggins trade, I wouldn't mind Walker and Oubre.

LeGM not too smart

They're kind of stuck shuffling deck chairs. They could do worse than adding a guy with Klay's shooting and championship experience.

Fwiw though they should be trying to get Demar imo. Demar is going to one of the LA teams, is still really good at what he's really good at and at his age more likely to take a reduced role to have a shot at winning. Demar's biggest problem has always been that he's not the guy you want carrying you in the 4th of a playoff game. As a 2nd-3rd option though? Dude has generated some big moment before, just can't do it consistently.

They're kind of stuck shuffling deck chairs. They could do worse than adding a guy with Klay's shooting and championship experience.

Fwiw though they should be trying to get Demar imo. Demar is going to one of the LA teams, is still really good at what he's really good at and at his age more likely to take a reduced role to have a shot at winning. Demar's biggest problem has always been that he's not the guy you want carrying you in the 4th of a playoff game. As a 2nd-3rd option though? Dude has generated some big moment before, just can't do it consistently.
Shuffle the deck with better than Klay or get better productive depth with a deeper team

Klay is not the same player anymore

The same? No.

Way better than people are acting like in 2024? Yeah. Can't defend like he used to, but still a well, well above average spacer and shooter.

I was about that kind of move last year when we were trying to salvage the Pascal + OG era but we went from having no good consistent scoring guards to 2 with the OG trade. Would honestly prefer to just grab a much cheaper secondary guy for the bench (Lonnie Walker, Malik Monk, even Gary if the contract makes sense) then bring in Zach.

I keep hearing Zach to Golden State fwiw for Wiggins and CP3, which would probably be a 3-4 way trade.

Back