• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

TIL: Kawhi and I travel the same way...

kpfccjtajq9d1.jpg

in pants that are way too short?

You never know when a flood is going to happen in Latin America bro, gotta be prepared.

Fun story. A bunch of years ago (like...15 now I think? Fuck I'm getting old) I was staying at the Intercontinental in semi suburban guadalajara. It was low 30's out, barely a cloud in the sky. I was across the street to the open air mall (Plaza Del Sol I think...) waiting for the GF at the time (wife now) to get off work. Fuck about at the mall, gets a tiny bit cloudier. Go inside a department store for like 25-30 minutes, come out and it's a fucking torrential downpour. Start using the canopies as cover to make my way through the open air mall to try to get back to the hotel, get to avenue seperating the two and it's a legit fast flowing river with water 1-2 feet deep (high curbs on mexican streets tend to do this). Cars stranded, intersection was a low point and the water looked about waste deep in the middle. Say fuck it and bunker down at a restaurant for lunch that faces the hotel. Within 20 minutes it was sunny as fuck, low 30's + some motherfucking humidity now and the water was gone, everything was bone dry.

Was just thinking. IQ is now making more than Brunson I think. The IQ deal has potential to be a massive overpay! I hope he can continue to improve.

Was just thinking. IQ is now making more than Brunson I think. The IQ deal has potential to be a massive overpay! I hope he can continue to improve.

19/7/5 after the trade. 21/8/5 in Feb/March/April combined. Will not be remotely close to an overpay imo.

The Knicks signed Brunson as a free agent coming off of a 16/5/4 season in Dallas and this year is the last cheap year of the Brunson deal. He'll be opting out of his player option next summer and signing a max extension in the 5/270 range.

So this year IQ makes 5-6 million more than Brunson, but every year after that for the life of their contracts (there's no player or team options on IQ's 5 year deal, he's locked in from ages 25-29 now), Brunson will make ~20 million more.

Yeah brunson broke out on a bargain contract but when siakam and og are getting $45-50 it's no overpay for IQ.

Not that overpays even matter in this league. You just add or take on some shitty $10m guy in any deal to move/add them.

Yeah, until some sort of financial event occurs that causes the cap to stop increasing at such crazy amounts it's almost impossible to fuck your cap situation up beyond fairly easy repair. Also, this isn't the NHL where you need to fit ~21 bodies under an 88 million dollar hard cap. You need to fit 12-13 guys under a 142 million super soft and flexible cap with multiple exceptions and taxes built in. If you're a mid tier or higher revenue team you're never going to struggle to add players that are willing to go to your program, or keep players you already have.

More NBA Crazy Time stuff

- Warriors are willing to arrange a S&T to help Klay get more money elsewhere. LAL/Dallas are the two likeliest locations.
- Bickerstaff is the new coach of the Pistons.
- Clippers turned down a Jonathan Kuminga centric package for Paul George which tells me they're still hopeful he'll return
- Maxey's max extension is going to be 5/200+ as soon as Philly is done spending their cap space. It's not quite the same as the Barnes deal because Scottie's is based on next year's cap, Maxey's on this year's because they walked him all the way to RFA instead of extending him last year. Risky, but when you're a contenderish club you can get away with it I think.
- Indiana is apparently trying to land KCP. Would be a great veteran get for them.
- Harden is apparently willing to take a pay cut to help the Clippers add more help. 3/90 appears to be what they're working on.
- DJJ might be done in Dallas

Yeah, love Cam Johnson. Like, a lot.

Signed for 3 more years as well at a reasonable rate. Prefer him to a Wiggins bounce back play if we can get him. No idea what they would want for him though.

If Brown + Indy's 2026 1st gets the job done though, sign me up.

Back