• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I want to be optimistic, but when I watch them play I see too many signs of poorly coached team.

Going to hold some judgement until about a month in though. Get everyone healthy and let the rotation gel a bit.

But this is fucking ugly. I'm about 50% convinced Darko isn't a NBA quality coach, it's not just the young guys who seem to struggle in his systems.
I hear you, but would it be so bad if we find out he sucks this year and get a high draft pick, then fire his ass out of a Canon?

Maybe they should have hired that Jordi guy...

Yeah, he got undercut by Garland and landed on his back. I had some TJ Ford flashbacks at first but he seemed okay for a few minutes and then he left for the trainers room.

As always, if it happens organically so be it. I just don't think it's ever in the organizations best interests to plan for it in most situations, and having a young core already in house, it's more valuable to teach them how to win games. The longer you delay winning, the harder the winning becomes to get to.

Woah, did anyone watch the Raptors game tonight? I just saw the highlights and looks like Ford hit his head on the floor after being fouled by the Hawks player. He went off on a stretcher and was taken to an Atlanta hospital.

Any word on how he's doing?? Was anyone watching it?
Ford also was the subject of the first post in this thread.

Yeah, he shouldn't be a starter. But he wasn't bad. This is a tough game to judge most of our depth players on with Scottie and Yak being dreadful, IQ being good until he got hurt, and there just being no fucking flow in the offence. We don't have guys who create their own shots. Ochai is going to score on open 3's, off ball cutting, and running in transition. Well, we created fuck all for open 3's tonight aside for some stuff in movement for Gradey. There was no cutting...like none, it was terrible, and if you don't get any fucking stops, there's no transition.

One of the nicest things you can say about any bench body on a night like tonight is that you didn't notice them, and I didn't notice Ochai. Cleveland did continually force the switch off of Ochai to put their primary ballhandler against Gradey though, and he did a competent job against Spider and Garland when he did end up matched on them.

Back