• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Frankly this entire UFA class scares the hell out of me with exception of Cano.

Ellsbury, McCann and Choo are potential 100M$ guys this offseason and i can see each of those guys regressing to a point where their deals become albatross'

The Jays should go after guys like Tim Hudson, Granderson, Pierzynski, Ruiz, etc. Not the top guys. There is no value in going after the top UFAs unless an elite guy in his prime is there.

Just go after guys you can get for a reasonable term.

Frankly this entire UFA class scares the hell out of me with exception of Cano.

Ellsbury, McCann and Choo are potential 100M$ guys this offseason and i can see each of those guys regressing to a point where their deals become albatross'

Well do not worry, we won't be going after any of them.

I have always like Choo and think he would be a great fit at the top of the order and in LF.

The Jays should go after guys like Tim Hudson, Granderson, Pierzynski, Ruiz, etc. Not the top guys. There is no value in going after the top UFAs unless an elite guy in his prime is there.

Another pair of SP that intrigue me are Bronson Arroyo and Jorge De La Rosa....provided they are 1-2 year deals.

Yep, let the big spenders blow their nut on the bigger names in this FA class, but try to sneak in with ~20-25 million per and grab 2-3 guys who can all improve this group.

Basically what Boston did last off season.

Don't know much about De La Rosa, but Arroyo is a soft tosser that got murdered in the AL bEast last time he was here.

I think he's learned how to pitch since moving to the NL, and he's durable which i like. That said he's flyball oriented, so that concerns me. It would have to be really cheap.

De La Rosa had nice numbers in Coors, and kept the longball down which is nice, beyond that i don't know much either.

I just prefer these 2 on cheap deals as opposed to anyone expensive and long term, the market is terrible.

"learning how to pitch in the NL", is just a cute way of saying "less power hitters in the NL that can jack the bear on him".

Finesse pitchers, even good ones, don't do nearly as well in the AL as they do in the NL.

"learning how to pitch in the NL", is just a cute way of saying "less power hitters in the NL that can jack the bear on him".

Finesse pitchers, even good ones, don't do nearly as well in the AL as they do in the NL.

That's fair enough, he is durable though....and might be a solid 5 if he's cheap enough...i trust him (even in the AL) over guys like Redmond, Drabek, Hutch, Happ, etc.

Worst case he can be a long man if others outplay him

it looks like middlebrooks deliberately kicked his legs up a second time, anyways.

in any event, the right call.

i also can't stand ralph saltalamacchio's whining. if he doesn't make such a shit throw, none of this happens. it was all his fault. take ownership.

but, ya, i have a difficult time believing that middlebrooks didn't do that dleiberately.

Back