• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Found this kind of strange....moving out of a 20 yr old ballpark? Reasons and story below...

More here

I'm not sure why observers are surprised. Turner Field was originally the track and field/opening and closing ceremonies facility from the Atlanta Olympics. It was never designed with baseball as its primary user in mind, and it showed, despite the millions in conversion upgrades to make it a more baseball-friendly stadium.

They pretty much just reduced capacity, took out one of the ends of the stadium to open up the space and make it no longer enclosed, and installed the field. It's simply not a very nice looking ballpark to begin with, regardless of its relatively young age.

When i woke up today the score had a couple updates for me:

1. McGowan may move back to being a starter

2. payroll will increase

well, at least it does sound like legit good news that Melky legit looks completely different after having that tumor removed. That simplifies the offseason quite a bit.

Alex Seixeiro @alexfan590
AA tells @ShiDavidi in Orlando that Mark DeRosa is retiring. #Bluejays

now let's see if AA actually uses the opportunity to carry a bat with some upside on the bench.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
Posting blog shortly. #Rockies offered 2 yr, roughly 15 mill w buyout to Ruiz. Won't go to 20. Prepared to move onto 1b/OF market

I just this past summer went to Atlanta and got a Braves at Turner Field. To anyone saying its not a nice looking baseball stadium has clearly never been there.

Fantastic to watch the game. Way better than the giant toilet bowl we have in the Skydome.

I would trade them our field for theirs.

I just this past summer went to Atlanta and got a Braves at Turner Field. To anyone saying its not a nice looking baseball stadium has clearly never been there.

Fantastic to watch the game. Way better than the giant toilet bowl we have in the Skydome.

Comparing shit to shit doesn't say much. How does turner rank up towards the actual legit baseball stadiums in the MLB ?

Haven't been to many. I went to Chicago and caught a game at Wrigley. Wasn't a fan. Sure you get that authentic baseball feel to it, but the lack of scoreboards was annoying at times. i'd constantly have to check my phone to see what the score was or what inning we were in.

Then again, i was heavily under the influence as i had just landed in Chicago from Belgium(Tomorrowland).

And you've clearly never been to Comerica, Camden Yards, PNC Park, AT and T, etc. There's a reason why Turner is routinely rated in the bottom third of ballparks.

I'm with you on trading Turner Field for Rogers Centre, but that's because the bar has been set so low, not because of Turner's positive attributes.

I guess to anyone that has made the rounds in baseball stadiums it may be a garbage park, but coming from the trash can that Skydome is, Turner Field is way better.

I'd rank Turner Field in the bottom 5.

ESPN's Page 2 ranked it 14th in their tour of 30 ballparks a few years ago. Then again, the Yankees, Mets, Marlins, Phillies, Twins, Padres, Cardinals, and Expos (now the Nationals) got brand new stadiums that would easily rank themselves above Turner since the initial trip.

So that would put it in the 22-23 range if they revisited the rankings.

Back