• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

To TB: Janssen, Sanchez, Gose, Stilson, Urena
To TOR: D.Price

Nintendo_Block_Hit_That_Brown_Shirt.jpg

Unless you believe Sanchez is going to win a CY and Gose will be a top CF, you make that deal.

Cano and the Yanks are roughly 80 million apart right now according to ESPN.

Time for Rogers to open the vault as a big FU to the rest of the AL East. :)

Last edited:
Ken_Rosenthal:
• Sources: Blue Jays in agreement with free-agent catcher Dioner Navarro on two-year deal, pending physical.
• Signing of Navarro likely will lead Blue Jays to trade Arencibia. Team needs Thole to catch Dickey. Navarro could grow into everyday role.

decent. had a nice year last year.

he can legit hit lefties (.778ops career, .928ops last 3yrs, 1.123ops last year), and can even hack it against righties a bit (.649ops career, .696ops last 3yrs, .764ops last year).

he's even seemed to become decent defensively the past few years after being awful to start his career.

Despite his platoon split he's actually faced righties much more often the past few years than lefties, so his numbers the last 3yrs haven't been boosted by platoon usage:

Total: 541pa, 8.3bb%, 15.3k%, .275babip, .260/.324/.425/.749, .324woba, 104wRC+, -6.8offwar, +6.8defwar

Bit of a risk of an overpay coming off a nice year last year, though.

personally, I would keep JPA and stick him in AAA.

you never know what can happen (see: Yan Gomes).

navarro has had a pretty spotty career. he's a better fit than arencibia; he doesn't bring the same power but (usually) does a better job of getting on base, which this team could use more than a 20-25 hr bat.

of course, he has had his share of down years ,and in those years he has been terrible.

Yeah, a nice signing. Seems like he will be a good platoon catcher for us. Don't see him as the starter.

I do not see the Jays being able to trade JPA. They will probably give him a chance to show something and if he fails, Navarro is insurance.

Personally, I would like to sign another catcher and then get JPA off this team altogether by sending him to the minors.

navarro has had a pretty spotty career. he's a better fit than arencibia; he doesn't bring the same power but (usually) does a better job of getting on base, which this team could use more than a 20-25 hr bat.

of course, he has had his share of down years ,and in those years he has been terrible.

You are right, checking his career numbers now and seeing in his down years his numbers look very JPA like.

However, if he can hit 250 and keep his OBP above 300, play solid defense, then we have an upgrade over JPA.

Last edited:
we still have Thole under contract.

Yeah, he will catch Dickey and probably get into 60-70 games. Hopefully playing more will help his bat improve.

Twitter is buzzing that JPA will be gone very shortly. Good! Get that cancer off the team.

Last edited:
Back