• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

hmkilut4btsd1.jpg

Jays new locker room that the org was super secretive about this year. Looks exactly like something Rogers and TD would cook up.

It's not the only locker room that looks like that but i really don't get the vibe any of them are trying for with this kind of design. It doesn't look like a space that would be enjoyable for any.specific purpose. Cold dead and blah.

It's not the only locker room that looks like that but i really don't get the vibe any of them are trying for with this kind of design. It doesn't look like a space that would be enjoyable for any.specific purpose. Cold dead and blah.

Corporate. It's a very corporate space. Full of millenial "everything is black and grey" design language mixed with unnecessary shiny surfaces and LED to look futuristic and premium. How to look like you "spared no expense" while actually sparing expense.

but like i've seen some pretty cool corporate spaces and i've probably never even seen anything close to the best shit.

this is supposed to be an elite of elite corporate space, in an industry that's specifically about casual fun.

it's so weird that they go with those kinds of locker rooms i can't imagine the players enjoy them.

TBF they really did kill it in the area under the seats between the dugouts. Looks great, great game day experience etc.

for me i'd be at the very least going with a Leather'n'Oak aesthetic there, even if they feel to need make it slicker rather than rougher (though imo rougher would be better).

it's so weird that they go with those kinds of locker rooms i can't imagine the players enjoy them.

It reminds me of the episode of Entourage where Vinnie's contract with Ari is up and he takes a meeting at another agency and they do a pitch video putting Vinnie's "brand" alongside Nike, Apple, etc. Vinnie leaves the meeting and goes to a meeting at Ari's agency and the video pitch is identical, so he fires Ari because all he wanted was to be treated like an actual person by a friend he trusted.

Back