• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Because their attendance (~15K) is shit, there's actually a bunch of stadiums that could temporarily house them.

The Yankees have a Single A facility with 11K seating. Phillies spring training complex holds 8500, Detroit has a spot in Lakeland that can do 8500.

Also could do a temporary conversion of Raymond James if they really needed to. Kind of depends on when the Trop is expected to be ready by. If they figure it's good to go by June-July, a local temporary home is probably fine. If it's not though, do the reverse Raptors but send them to Montreal for the season. Keeps the AL East travel normal, probably puts them in front of way more paying fans than they get in Tampa, etc.

Because their attendance (~15K) is shit, there's actually a bunch of stadiums that could temporarily house them.

The Yankees have a Single A facility with 11K seating. Phillies spring training complex holds 8500, Detroit has a spot in Lakeland that can do 8500.

Also could do a temporary conversion of Raymond James if they really needed to. Kind of depends on when the Trop is expected to be ready by. If they figure it's good to go by June-July, a local temporary home is probably fine. If it's not though, do the reverse Raptors but send them to Montreal for the season. Keeps the AL East travel normal, probably puts them in front of way more paying fans than they get in Tampa, etc.
They're still doing some renos at the big O, so I doubt Montral would work.

The problem I heard is that they claim it might cost 100m to fix the roof. And they are breaking ground on a new stadium like this year, so it really doesn't make sense to invest all that for like 2 or 3 years until the new one is ready.

You'd think you could get a bunch of duct tape and patch it up for cheaper and then just play in Dunedin or something for the April games.

Back