• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Wait a minute...antiquated?

How old are you there grasshopper?
His thoughts on the game are antiquated. I dont think he knows anything about modern baseball or how to assess the true value of the player. Everytime i hear him he suggests something awful like big market $ to a closer ( cuz saves) or super paying Javy Baez ( no thanks).

He's not so far back in time as Buck, but he's still pretty bad, and it's magnified by the cranky arrogance.

I knew you were going with arrogant or something similar.
I call him cantankerous.

Siddal is great
I'm starting to get more tired of Tabler than Buck, though I did watch Buck break his leg.
Tabler is a strange combination of idiot, old school, and lazy. I say the last part because he clearly has no interest or ability in doing research on the modern game or anything he talks about. He thinks his job is to have a sunny disposition, reminice about the past and offer general baseball stuff like " gotta throw strikes" " go up with a game plan" " how about a double" " look at that hole on the right side" and " trust your fastball"

It's not always about the on-air guys, though yeah, who doesn't love Shulman (probably jonas)

It's about whoever is doing it being cognizant of the fact that there are people watching without any visual clues and they might not want a 5 minute story on riding the bus in the minors while they are trying to understand what is going on in any particular at bat...****, sometimes these guys get going for half the inning.

Shulman is so awesome. I miss having him do Sunday Night Baseball, but I'm so glad that the Jays worked out the deal with him. And it's very convenient this year with the broadcasters not going on road trips, that he gets to do half their games and never has to leave TO. I haven't listened to all the games, but I feel he at least brings it back to tell people what's going on.

The rest of the crew? Ugh. Even on TV broadcasts, I've gotten quite tired of Buck+Tabby. Trying to listen to them on a radio broadcast I can only imagine how painful that would be.

Tabler is a strange combination of idiot, old school, and lazy. I say the last part because he clearly has no interest or ability in doing research on the modern game or anything he talks about. He thinks his job is to have a sunny disposition, reminice about the past and offer general baseball stuff like " gotta throw strikes" " go up with a game plan" " how about a double" " look at that hole on the right side" and " trust your fastball"
Tabler is so fucking terrible

There used to be this really good color man doing commentary for the Jays during the JP Riccardi era and he unfortunately died. His name escapes but I remember being really sad about his death.

Edit: John Cerutti - I was a big fan.

Immigrants like you just don't understand.

yJzvTD.gif

Back