• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Yeah, the Ozzie Albies contract is so team-friendly it's almost offensive. Heard some people discussing it somewhere, seems pretty likely that Albies sacrificed a lot of money down the road for some cash up front, probably because his family needed it now.

That's not the case for sons of former MLB players who made plenty of money in their careers.

The Albies extension was ridiculous. AA should probably be sanctioned for it. Totally unfair.

Acuna was a good risk on a good young player. 10 years with lots of team options and around 100M total. Vladdy probably would have signed that deal. His dad made $125M in his career. Maybe they could have offered him that, and bought out years of FA, had him until he was 30. Now it’s twice that.

Anyway, not the conversation I wanted to start. The management sucks but it is what it is. I’m going to enjoy watching Vladdy as long as he’s here.

Pearson is going to hopefully come back soon and the both of them are going to join our other young stars on our way to the playoffs.

I'd consider bringing Pearson up as a reliever. Let him dominate some hitters coming out of the pen. Then once he has confidence that he can do it, see if his body can handle a move to the rotation.

Playoffs? We keep blowing these games with poor pitching and we ain’t even sniffing them. Already 5.5 back of division with 3 teams close up top and another 4 back of wild card at least

The Albies extension was ridiculous. AA should probably be sanctioned for it. Totally unfair.

Acuna was a good risk on a good young player. 10 years with lots of team options and around 100M total. Vladdy probably would have signed that deal. His dad made $125M in his career. Maybe they could have offered him that, and bought out years of FA, had him until he was 30. Now it’s twice that.

Anyway, not the conversation I wanted to start. The management sucks but it is what it is. I’m going to enjoy watching Vladdy as long as he’s here.

I don't remember the reporter but Vlad's agent wanted no part of a long term deal early on

Era adjusted, Charlie Montoyo is the worst manager in Jays history.

5 run lead, he warms Chatwood and uses him, then uses Romano

Dude has 2 reliable RP currently in his pen and is burning them in a 5 run lead.

The bullpen gave up 7 runs in one inning literally yesterday. They're on a 6 game losing streak. Chatwood came in with a 4-run lead and a runner on base. Montoyo doesn't have a time machine, but that might turn out to be one of the highest leverage situations in the series. Lock it down.
He was warming with a 5 run lead, so he was coming in no matter what, and when your pen is that bad, you need to gamble that the lesser guys can protect 5 run leads. Chatwood i can maybe get, but Romano is inexcuseable.

Back