• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I agree with manny, it isn't perfect but I kinda like that rule. Just way too many pitching changes and the game is slow and long enough already.

Imagine if you had to stop the game, wait a couple of minutes and cut to commercial every time you put the 4th line C on the ice.

P.S. Fu.ck Tampa. Hopefully we can at least salvage one this afternoon.

How about being in game 7 of the World Series and your stuck with a slug in the 8th you cant remove and it costs you the series

Rule makes no sense , matchups is all about pitching flexibility

I'd rather see a rule which simply limits the available players for the game. Like, to me, I would love if they expanded the active roster to like 30 players, but like in Hockey, you designate 18 or 20 or whatever players as available for the game. That way, if a guy is active, he can pitch. But the roster is set up so that you can realistically only have maybe 5 or 6 relievers available for the game. Maybe you add in a rule where each extra inning you can activate someone from the taxi squad or something, but then you have a fixed amount of bullpen arms available, and it's up to you to manage. If your starter goes deep and you can use 4 of the relievers for a batter each in the 8th, great. If you pull your starter after 5, then you probably won't have that flexibility later then. But you can also pitch someone deeper, wipe them out, and then take them off the game day lineup card for the next couple days while they rest.

How about being in game 7 of the World Series and your stuck with a slug in the 8th you cant remove and it costs you the series

Rule makes no sense , matchups is all about pitching flexibility
If he's a slug, maybe you shouldn't bring him in during the 8th inning of game 7 of the World Series.

So Vladdy is god tier now. So awesome.

I know it's only a fraction of a season, but Vlad Jr's season would be:
-4th in avg
-1st in OBP
-2nd in SLG
-1st in OPS
-1st in wRC+

in Vlad Sr.'s career.

And like, this is on a .339 BABIP, so it's not like he's getting super lucky on his balls in play. You could argue he's been a little lucky on HR/FB rate to date, but given how much he just crushes all his flyballs, I can't remember very many if any of those HR this year that would not be a HR in 90% of the league's ballparks.

Fire Montoyo. I’m done with his pitching and in game management. Why pitch to Margot there? Put him on, force at any bag to stay down by one. Nope. Puts in these waiver wire arms in high leverage and blow games. Dumbass

I know it's only a fraction of a season, but Vlad Jr's season would be:
-4th in avg
-1st in OBP
-2nd in SLG
-1st in OPS
-1st in wRC+

in Vlad Sr.'s career.

And like, this is on a .339 BABIP, so it's not like he's getting super lucky on his balls in play. You could argue he's been a little lucky on HR/FB rate to date, but given how much he just crushes all his flyballs, I can't remember very many if any of those HR this year that would not be a HR in 90% of the league's ballparks.

Old Skool Triple Crown

#3 .335avg (12pts off lead)
#1 15hr (tied)
#2 39rbi (2 off lead)

New Skool

#2 .445obp (21pts off lead)
#1 200wRC+ (#2 198)
#1 3.1war (#2 2.7)

I don't like Buck but that was great.

"Wind has changed just now....blowing out to right instead of left like earlier"

**semien gametying wind-aided oppo homer next pitch**

Best Jay of all time. By a lot.

If this is who he is, yeah. If this is who he's better than prime Pujols, Cabrera, Manny Ramirez, Griffey Jr, A-Rod, Trout,etc.

The one word of caution though is that Bryce Harper had the 2nd best 22 yr old season ever (Ted Williams, shockingly 1st) not that long ago and while he's awesome, he's just normal awesome and not what this is.

Generational hitters do generational things though, and this is looking awfully generational. We might be seeing something completely special and it would shock no one who watched him hitting as a teenager in the minors. He looked like a generational bat until he let his weight get completely out of control

Why do we use Payamps, Bergen and Castro in late close games? Pure stupidity. If that’s all that’s there then make a friggin trade. Unbelievable blowing all these games. Offence gives you every chance you can get. Should’ve used Romano for the top of 10...

Back