• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

just stop pretending making the playoffs is easy. It's not. Especially in the American League East. Mets had a $364 million payroll and weren't close. Most people expected the Padres and Yankees to be serious contenders. And again, not winning rounds is fully on the players, along with understanding there is a large amount of variance expected in a ridiculously short series.

just stop pretending making the playoffs is easy.

In the last 2 years, 17 teams in MLB have made the playoffs. In the last 3, 21 have. In the last 4, 23 clubs have.

"easy"? Sure, maybe not easy. But it's not much of an accomplishment anymore either when 21 teams have seen post season games just since Biden was elected.

I dont know what the fuck an associate manager is, but it sounds like the first jagoff employee they find in the back of The Bay to talk to the angry Karen trying to return some stockings, while the real manager faps to the camera he installed in the changerooms.

Our next hiring priorities

FrHc76VXoAAjlaO.jpg

I like how after the bitching that nobody wants to sign here their biggest / bestest contribution to the team has been free agent signings, none of whom they needed to overpay.

It’s amazing that there’s still people that actually defend the Shatkins regime. If they don’t win a playoff game before they’re fired, they’re no better than JP Ricciardi

It’s amazing that there’s still people that actually defend the Shatkins regime. If they don’t win a playoff game before they’re fired, they’re no better than JP Ricciardi

I mean, I can't really blame them for Manoah shitting the bed, or Vlad being terrible, so I do think a good chunk of the stuff we should be upset about this last season is on the players.

That's not to absolve them of problems - obviously they've messed up in a lot of ways, and could have done more to try to build a team that could survive through those issues. I think most of us who "defend" them are more tired of people saying that they're some sort of evil group set out to destroy the team, or the worst management team in the league, or the other hyperbole around that.

I mean, I can't really blame them for Manoah shitting the bed, or Vlad being terrible, so I do think a good chunk of the stuff we should be upset about this last season is on the players.

I mean, maybe. But on the other hand, it's an organization that developed and heavily relies on 3 players with constant, significant & ongoing weight/conditioning issues. At what point do we suggest that this is organizational or at least the organization hasn't been a large enough part of the solution?

…and could have done more to try to build a team that could survive through those issues. I think most of us who "defend" them are more tired of people saying that they're some sort of evil group set out to destroy the team, or the worst management team in the league, or the other hyperbole around that.
So that’s a classic strawman argument you’re concerned about, because nobody has ever said that.

They’re sub-par. Disappointing. Mediocre at best. Honestly, give a bottom-tier management team a top-5 budget and 9 years and they are probably going to sneak into the last wildcard a couple of times.

We can and should expect more.

They get scorn because they chased a great gm out of the city, and are arrogant twats who clearly think they’re the smartest people in every room they walk into.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue with that. Although I don't actually watch any of their press conferences, so maybe that's why I have a better impression of them than others on here :p

So with recent scuttle that the Jays FO wants to do something big being out there and the Shohei stuff more than likely wishful thinking. I do have to wonder what would qualify as "big" to this front office.

May i present the Milwaukee Brewers and specifically the 5 x 24M left on the deal of Christian Yelich, who rebounded nicely with a 4 win season last year after being injured and terrible the last two.

I suspect if you take on all of the money you wont have to give up much via trade, and maybe work out an even bigger deal for Willy Adames as well. Yelich represents the non perfect aging star that Shatkins seems to be comfortable with, at a price point 25M AAV that they seem comfortable with, and in theory fits in well as a KK replacement in LF, and LHH in the lineup, and Adames for Chapman at 3B

Apparently were making a push to keep Chapman. I thought he was junk this year at the plate
this is a tough one.

still a 4 win player even if you hate how he got there, the glove is so good, and honestly if he leaves for any of the other otpions out there its going to be a downgrade, and i understand the concept of keeping him and protecting our pitching staff ( they are already going to suffer with whoever is brought in to replace KK)

Back