• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Again, every AL East team except the Jays have won the division since Shapiro and Atkins got here.

And Toronto runs a higher payroll than all of them, except the Yankees who have won the division twice and have 21 playoff wins since 2016.

There’s no excuse for expectations being so low.

That's a different argument, isn't it?

The argument is whether they've been good enough to win anything of note. The word "playoffs" is being used to suggest that they've actually been good, the team has met a reasonable expectation of quality, etc.

This is obviously bullshit. They've made the play ins a few times and never mounted a serious effort at playoff success of any sort. They've been unceremoniously punted out of the play ins every time they've made it in pretty embarassing fashion.

Did we even win a playoff game under these guys? What’s our sparkling playoff play in record?

0-6, out scored 30 to 13 in those 6 games with 9 of the 13 runs coming in a 10-9 loss. 4 combined runs in the other 5 games total.

I'd call it Leafy but fuck me if that's not way, way worse than anything these skate wearing chucklefucks have every put us through.

And maybe Bo too. My plan would be to trade all these guys plus other money (Gausman, Springer, Bassett) to restock the higher levels of the farm system, and then spend that money in FA and the trade market in the off-season. Might extend Vladdy too (but ya know how I feel about Vladdy...)

Year from hell.

Yes let them trade away any piece that may have value. Because they’ve proven capable of receiving good value on deals. Right?

In the last 5 years, besides the Marcus Stroman trade, please let me know which trade they messed up/ didn't get value from.

And in before you say I am a Shatkins lover/defender, I have been posting stuff critical of them this year and in the past. I have maintained that they are a middling/average Front Office. The problem I see on this board is the blind rage from 9 years ago when Shapiro pushed out Montreal-born AA. Whom people in Toronto were getting frustrated with until he went all in and emptied the farm system. The thought at the time was AA needed someone to help guide him in running the club.

Yes I accept that Shapiro did not have a great first year PR-wise as he wanted to have a sustainable organization that didn't rely on trading all your prospects for vets (hypocrite!!!!!!). Plus, the first couple of years they sucked transaction-wise - to be fair they were biding time until Vlad and Bo were ready and took gambles on post-hype prospects (TEO!).

I get it, making the playoffs in Baseball right now is the easiest playoffs to make in all of sports. Just super easy, barely an inconvenience. Especially with this payroll. MLB on easy mode. You don't even have to have a good team, just a bad team that gets lucky, especially in the AL EAST.

There is a theory of just getting in and anything can happen, with small sample sizes and all, crazy things happen. But that means you have to have a good team, not a terrible team that sucks.

Oh and I want James Click in the GM chair, Shapiro needs to be a little uncomfortable, and Atkins just sucks. They have had almost 10 years to build a team that makes the World Series and they SHOULD be running out of time. They just aren't the worst Front Office known to man.

Back