• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

what a crossroads this team is at!

They are really at the point of a half tear down of the roster. But the front office is also at the end of life for their term as well. You cannot let this front office start the tear down and then fire them and bring in someone new. You really need to get a new front office and let them begin their term with an open sheet on what they want to tear down or keep.

IMO. Vladdy and Bo should be part of the roster you keep. Other than that I don’t know if there is any other position player there I’m glued too. Barger sure because he is young. But they need to start the talks of selling IKF while he is hot. The others are SHIT. Sucks to sell why they are down. But Varsho/Kirk are not part of the solution.

what a crossroads this team is at!

They are really at the point of a half tear down of the roster. But the front office is also at the end of life for their term as well. You cannot let this front office start the tear down and then fire them and bring in someone new. You really need to get a new front office and let them begin their term with an open sheet on what they want to tear down or keep.

IMO. Vladdy and Bo should be part of the roster you keep. Other than that I don’t know if there is any other position player there I’m glued too. Barger sure because he is young. But they need to start the talks of selling IKF while he is hot. The others are SHIT. Sucks to sell why they are down. But Varsho/Kirk are not part of the solution.

The only reason it's a "half" teardown is Bichette/Vlad. If you don't think you can get them under a long term deal, then it's a full teardown.

But yeah, I think definitely this year, you unload everything that's not tied down. KK, Turner, Kikuchi, Yimi, Jansen, Richards, etc... You won't get much for most of them, but pitching is always in demand, so you can get some ok assets for them I think.

If you aim for the quick turnaround, then I don't hate the idea of keeping IKF, Bassitt, etc... anyone still under contract for next year. I mean, if someone is willing to give something for IKF, I would trade him, especially since the team has a few infield options that I don't mind having up and testing to see who will stick, out of Clement, Schneider, Jimenez, Barger, etc...

The "good" for this team is not a lot of guys are going to go up in price next year. Sure, Vlad will probably be 30m instead of 20m, and Varsho will get a healthy raise. But nobody else like Romano, Kirk, Manoah, etc... really will see big raises. If they actually are willing to spend to the same level as this year, they should have at least 40M available to spend, maybe more depending on how aggressive they can prune things.

The "bad" is that they have a lot tied up in guys like Gausman, Springer, Bassitt, etc... who are already getting older. And even with his down year, if you want Bichette long term, he's going to start costing money. Arguably the best long term plan for the team would be to trade Bichette and Vlad now while they have 1.5 years left, restock their assets, and plan to get back competitive in a few years when guys like Springer and Gausman are off the books.

I honestly would trade Varsho. You can’t have a regular in your lineup that hits under .200. I don’t care how good he is defensively, I certainly wouldn’t pay him on a long term deal.

I honestly would trade Varsho. You can’t have a regular in your lineup that hits under .200. I don’t care how good he is defensively, I certainly wouldn’t pay him on a long term deal.
The time to trade Varsho was at the end of April. See if anyone believed his hot start was some kind of new performance level (people in this thread sure believed it!)

After a 133 wrc+ in April, Varsho had an 81wrc+ in May and 64wrc+ in June. Now at 94 wrc+ on the year, 95 in his career. He is what he is. A sublime defender who provides net negative offensive value.

IKF is similar and has put together a few good months, so if there are any takers at the deadline, he should be traded. If only to get his contract off the books for next year.

There was no way pitching was going to survive and thrive like last year , not a hope in hell

Last year everything went near perfect ..career years , health , depth , etc...

Pitching is too unpredictable from year to year

For everything that went right last year, everything has gone to hell this year. Romano out basically the whole season. The next best relievers last year were Mayza (so horrible he was DFA), Swanson (so horrible he was sent to the minors, where he has been even worse), and Garcia (who was great until he was hurt). Having only 1/4 of your top relievers back is crazy unlucky, even for relievers.

For everything that went right last year, everything has gone to hell this year. Romano out basically the whole season. The next best relievers last year were Mayza (so horrible he was DFA), Swanson (so horrible he was sent to the minors, where he has been even worse), and Garcia (who was great until he was hurt). Having only 1/4 of your top relievers back is crazy unlucky, even for relievers.
Yup , thats baseball a crap shoot from year to year

Plus Bo and Kirk have been dog shit , Vladi and Springer needed 65 games to get going

Total shit show , start the purge

Steps back from Gausman and Kikuchi too. Bullpen was a strength on paper, just decimated by injury. When your stars aren't hitting on top of it turns into a lost season quick.

As a fan, I almost can't wait till the good young talent jumps ship.

We need an end to this chapter with management out first and most players out shortly after.

Back