• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

So to put a button on IKF: Overall he helped the Jays more than he hurt the Jays. You could say he was a win for them.

From a strict needing to give Jimenez and Barger a legit MLB run standpoint the IKF deal/signing is a win, McAdoo seeming to be an interesting dude on the rise ( much like alot of their deals) is a big win.

I still hate this FO, but they, ( and alot of non CWS sellers) have nailed it.

Going back to the Vlad situation, normally, based on how these guys operate i would aassume there is zero chance of an extension. However, i do believe Rogers wants no part of a rebuild ( they didnt in 2018) and no part of an empty stadium ( No Vlad post 25 will do this).

Even Shatkins has to know that no FA worth his salt is signing here without Vlad locked in. Bo, you could get away with. Hell trading Bo and signing say, Willy Adames to play SS is a tidy bit of business in and of itself, but Vlad's recent play and popularity, you cant replace that or sell any FA caring about winning either. If he isnt locked up the Jays offseason will be a combination of broken vets trying to cash out before they get put out to pasture and reclaimation projects.

I sincecerly hope next time Shapiro explains the risks of extending Vlad to ownership they call him a cunt and tell him to get it done

We've added more prospect value since the draft than we had before the draft.

We probably added as much this deadline as we had before the draft.

I would have personally dealt Bassit, signing Vladdy this off season is a MUST. Probably too risky though......
I was on the Bassitt train too, but Zeke isnt wrong where alot of teams might have passed on 20M the following year, and by the same token the Jays might look at his 20M and be just fine hanging onto it and not being convinced they could sign someone of the same ilk.

I would have listened and moved him if blown away, but this isnt a terrible keep.

I think keeping Green at 10 is less understandable, but if the extra year didnt help his value you can keep him too i suppose, or just deal him in the winter

Back