• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

How dumb is this guy? So you’re basically just going to walk both into free agency? You think other GM’s are going to hear that and still give you top dollar when they can just wait and get them for free? Fire these clowns already, trade
Bo and sign your face of the franchise star 25 year old

This year they paid 13 million to Turner, 10 million to KK, 24 million to Springer.

They blew their chance for team-friendly deals with Vladdy and Bo, because they were preoccupied with sharing enough risk. It’s too late to save money now, but not too late to get them signed.

This year they paid 13 million to Turner, 10 million to KK, 24 million to Springer.

They blew their chance for team-friendly deals with Vladdy and Bo, because they were preoccupied with sharing enough risk. It’s too late to save money now, but not too late to get them signed.
I am stunned they didn't try harder to sign them years ago. It makes no sense. AA was doing that in Atlanta and got terrific value on them.

I am stunned they didn't try harder to sign them years ago. It makes no sense. AA was doing that in Atlanta and got terrific value on them.

I don't think they would have come cheap, but yeah, it feels like locking them down 3-4 years ago each, after they only had a few years in the league, you might have found a way to get a discount.

Although we still have no idea - maybe those guys really did not ever consider it. The Braves guys, especially Albies and Acuna, I think came from some pretty tough backgrounds so they wanted to cash in. Bichette and Guerrero could have gotten hurt and ended their careers and they're not going to live in poverty.

Although we still have no idea - maybe those guys really did not ever consider it. The Braves guys, especially Albies and Acuna, I think came from some pretty tough backgrounds so they wanted to cash in. Bichette and Guerrero could have gotten hurt and ended their careers and they're not going to live in poverty.
I remember people saying that a lot here. They’re the sons of former MLB players, they’ll never sign an extension.

Last edited:
Right after (or during) his 20-year old season, they could have offered Vladdy guaranteed money through his arb years plus something like a 4 year/$100M+ extension for 4 years of FA. “Sign this now and you’re guaranteed more money than your HOF dad made in his entire career”.

Pretty sure that would have been difficult to say no to, and it already was justified based on his track record. But they wanted Vladdy to share more risk, so here we are.

Especially since if you sign it young, that 10 year deal covers like age 21-30 seasons. If you sign it now, it's probably more expensive, and only hits ages like 26-35, so you start running into the chance that he falls off even from where he's at now. Not like Vlad has any other position down the spectrum to move to.

Similar with Bo, if you get the early years, you don't have to worry about how well he'd make it as a 2b. You hope that he can be a Semien type, where he becomes even more valuable at 2B than he is at SS.

I remember people saying that a lot here. They’re the sons of former MLB players, they’ll never sign an extension.

And Royals are a have not franchise and they did that

Also, MLB's pension is pretty pretty good. If you max out service time (10 yrs) it's more than 250K a year. Cavan is unlikely to hit 10yrs service time but he probably hits 5-6+ before the end of his career. Nothing wrong with 150K a year for life.

Back