• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

200.gif

The announcers are annoying af too.

my learning lesson is a YouTuber can go up and survive against what ppl call the GOAT

is a youtuber went up against a old timer in the ufc or bjj or whatever even with a weight advantage…it doesn’t even need ti be the GOAT - you think it will turn out like this boxing match?

Randy Coulture would still fuck the youtuber up being like a decade out of the sport

I have no idea who those two dopes that were with Mauro Ranello, but God they made it unbearably annoying.

And lol @ anyone who actually paid money for that. You got exactly what you deserved.

is a youtuber went up against a old timer in the ufc or bjj or whatever even with a weight advantage…it doesn’t even need ti be the GOAT - you think it will turn out like this boxing match?

Randy Coulture would still **** the youtuber up being like a decade out of the sport
You keep saying "YouTuber" as if that means something. This is a 26 year old, much bigger guy, who whether you like it or not is a pretty tough guy and in pretty good shape. The fact that he got famous on YouTube means shit.

And again, this is a retired, old ass Mayweather.

Randy Coulture would still **** the youtuber up being like a decade out of the sport

A 44 yr old pillow handed former champion who barely knocked anyone out over the last 10 years of his career against a 26 yr old near 200 pound kid clearly on gear and he didn't get touched in 8 rounds and punched the kid in the face a bunch of times. It went about like anyone should have expected.

I'm not so sure Couture would fuck a 250 pound version of Logan Paul up after being out of the sport for a bunch of years. Father time is undefeated for a reason man. Let's not get it twisted, if that was a judged fight it was 8-0 Floyd.

Honest question to anyone who isn't an absolute die-hard boxing fan and purist:

Do you actually find Floyd Mayweather fights entertaining? Even if/when he was fighting a real opponent instead of putting on a circus side-show, his fights are consistently one of the most boring viewing experiences in professional sports to me.

In his prime, yes.

However, I don't expect most to find him enjoyable. He's like GSP in the sense that, he makes all of his opponents look so mediocre in comparison to him. In terms of pure entertainment, he doesn't hold a candle or Canelo, Lomachenko, GGG, etc. But he's just so damn good if you know what to look for in boxing.

Floyd's an all-time talent and an absolute marketing genius, but also an all-time piece of shit human being.

Honest question to anyone who isn't an absolute die-hard boxing fan and purist:

Do you actually find Floyd Mayweather fights entertaining? Even if/when he was fighting a real opponent instead of putting on a circus side-show, his fights are consistently one of the most boring viewing experiences in professional sports to me.

Yeah, I'm a fairly hardcore MMA fan and I can't watch most boxing anyway. Mayweather's unwatchable for me.

Last edited:
In his prime, yes.

However, I don't expect most to find him enjoyable. He's like GSP in the sense that, he makes all of his opponents look so mediocre in comparison to him. In terms of pure entertainment, he doesn't hold a candle or Canelo, Lomachenko, GGG, etc. But he's just so damn good if you know what to look for in boxing.

Floyd's an all-time talent and an absolute marketing genius, but also an all-time piece of shit human being.

GSP sounds like a good comparison.

While I could appreciate his technical skill, I'd always kind of groan when GSP would take someone to the ground, because I knew the two fighters would spend the rest of the round grappling together on the ground, and I just don't find that nearly as entertaining as two guys on their feet throwing strikes at each other.

I'm not going to outright say they're my favorite to watch, and I 100% understand why a lot of people don't enjoy them, but I greatly respect their talents.

There's something about combat sports that I find distinctly more remarkable than the usual ball & stick sports. Part of it is brutality, part of is the courage it takes to fight, part of it is the absolute individuality and part of it is the sacrifice it takes both on the fighter's body and future. I also think that the skill to fight is one of the toughest to enhance.

You can maybe count on one hand the amount of people in the history of combat sports that went through that meat grinder and came out unblemished. There's Floyd, there's GSP (to an extent), there's Rocky Marciano... But all of the others ones fall on their ass at one point. Or they have long-term effects from fighting. Or they stick around too long because they need money. I mean shit, just look at how many ex-boxers are punchy. Listening to James Tony talk is fucking sad, man. Who the hell knows what's going on in his head and what kind of CTE he has.

With all that said, and taking all of that into consideration, watching Floyd or GSP absolutely school many of their peers and making world class fighters look ordinary in comparison? While not the most entertaining, I find it rather amazing to watch.

Back