• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

Yup, and now they have to gut it.
They’ll find someone to go on IR for the regular season and bring them back for the playoffs. A bit disappointed in the effort of the team, expected more jump from the start of the game. They should be able to mustard at least one goal in an elimination game. Offence again is an issue. Loved the effort by the Habs as they fought to get to the finals, not as big of a fan of the effort they showed during the finals. Game 2 was probably their best effort but again, their offence was the issue. Curious to see how Bergevin tries to solve this problem.

I'm aware is a cliche however this experience, and this pain, will help our players quite a bit. The younger ones learning that you have to dig deeper and the older getting a taste of what could have been and wanting it again.

I’m actually amazed we got this far with no Drouin, Tatar and Gallagher

giphy.gif

Was Toffoli injured?
I think we found out who he is. He needs someone to feed him the puck, otherwise he's not going to make things happen himself. I guess things stop working between himself and Suzuki. In any case, the Habs need another playmaking centre besides 14.

I said I could only remember seeing us lose one final before(89). I must have blocked the most painful from my memory. Of course,1967. This one much less painful, mostly due to beating Toronto earlier.

Hope so because he was a complete non-factor in the Finals. Tonight it looked like he was handling a live grenade, every time the puck was on his stick he would lose it right away
Finished 2nd in scoring on the team 2-behind Suzuki, but yeah was invisible against VGK & TBay.

Iirc he took a big hit vs VGK and that either aggravated his injury or created another one

Back