• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

DD confirmed Toffoli was hurt (groin injury). He’s always slow but he hasn’t looked right for weeks.

Gallagher also had a groin injury and more, according to DD
It was so obvious with Gallagher that I'm ticked. No way he should have been in instead of KK. He could barely skate.

Reactions: CH1
We’ll get more of an idea next year if he’s an Eller or if there’s Couturier potential.

BTW - KKs UFA in 4-years at 25..
Couturier did not breakout offensively until his 7th season, so hopefully KK develops quicker than that. But you are right, next year we will know better what is actually potential is. Who knows, maybe he is one of those players that does not contribute much during the regular season, but is a playoff performer

The margins were much too small for us to overcome.

We needed everything - and I do mean everything - to go right for us and so much from Tampa Bay to go wrong.

It's part of the next text I'm writing. The margins for us winning were always so small and we somehow made it work against Toronto & Las Vegas.

for sure...that was obvious before the playoffs started and was quickly put to the test vs Toronto.

they killed us (11-2) in our losses while all our wins were nailbiters. Winnipeg was a welcome respite.

Vs Tampa, our only hope again was to win all the close games. We failed in game 2 and tonight.

Makar's an RFA and is probably going to be making north of $9M. I think there's a very good chance he'll be the third highest paid d-man in the league next year, at a salary of $9M.

Absolutely, but a deadline transaction is seriously prorated, no?

Weber will definitely be with the team next season. After that he could play one more year with a contender then agree to retire.

Makar's an RFA and is probably going to be making north of $9M. I think there's a very good chance he'll be the third highest paid d-man in the league next year, at a salary of $9M.
Offersheet for $10.5m x 7!! Let's do this!!

Against Toronto and Vegas it felt as if the Habs had imposed the tempo and they were comfortable in their own skin, even if the score was close. e.g. Even after the loss in game 4 against Vegas, it seemed obvious the Habs were more comfortable in their game than the Blights.

This was definitely not the case with Tampa.

Absolutely, but a deadline transaction is seriously prorated, no?
Only for that season. Petry's got 2 more years after that, and MacKinnon's going to need a new contract soon. I almost forgot that Landeskog's a Pending UFA too, he's going to get paid as well.

Colorado's a nice place in theory, but they're in the conversation for best assembly D prospects in the league. Some will miss, like always, but they have good names.

With Makar we'd be a lot better.
I'm not sure we'd be a lot better.

Better, absolutely. No doubt.

There's two problems, though. One, he's a RHD and for a team that's clearly trying to win now, how do you function with having $24.6M (around 30% of the cap) on the right side?

The second is, the roof's going to come crashing down soon. I don't think this is a terribly good team, despite getting to the finals. I think this is a team where everything went right and played against teams that were missing players and/or shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not willing to risk 4 first round picks because I think there's a very good chance we'll be in the lottery two or three years from now.

Back