• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

Price should have been pulled at 4 minutes. Man this sucks. But you need to take chances. Waited too long to turn it on.
Regime is too scared ...playing not to lose

Today was the game to put in KK and Tatar

They prefer a lineup of plugs who can’t hit the net

Finished 2nd in scoring on the team 2-behind Suzuki, but yeah was invisible against VGK & TBay.

Iirc he took a big hit vs VGK and that either aggravated his injury or created another one

I can’t remember the last team to have a lineup of poor offensive stats and make the final

It's not that he's a bad player, it just that, there aren't many teams who are going to acquire Petry, let alone many of the top-end teams.

If we were to trade him tomorrow, the team acquiring him would need $6.25M in capspace to fit him in + the next few years, and they'd need to give up a pick(s) and/or a prospect(s) to get him.

I'm not sure there's going to be many legitimate teams lining up to get a Jeff Petry, those teams already have their own Jeff Petry equivalent and aren't looking for more high-priced talent, they're looking for players they can get on the cheap.

However, if the Habs were willing to absorb half of Petry's salary, now we're talking...

Petry is an easy trade , plenty of trade interest with a manageable cap number

The thing is you move Jeff , your admitting it’s over and start dismantling the team

I'm not sure we'd be a lot better.

Better, absolutely. No doubt.

There's two problems, though. One, he's a RHD and for a team that's clearly trying to win now, how do you function with having $24.6M (around 30% of the cap) on the right side?

The second is, the roof's going to come crashing down soon. I don't think this is a terribly good team, despite getting to the finals. I think this is a team where everything went right and played against teams that were missing players and/or shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not willing to risk 4 first round picks because I think there's a very good chance we'll be in the lottery two or three years from now.

The roof is coming down soon for sure , half this team’s best before date has expired

This regime should be retooling not keep going after aging vets in the summer

Yup, and now they have to gut it.

TB is fine , elite core is intact

Joseph and Colton take over Coleman and Goodrow

Tons of vets in the offseason looking to chase a ring on the cheap

They have another 2 cup runs in them minimum

TB is fine , elite core is intact

Joseph and Colton take over Coleman and Goodrow

Tons of vets in the offseason looking to chase a ring on the cheap

They have another 2 cup runs in them minimum
Nah some of that elite core needs to go. They are already over the cap for next season. With no backup signed, only 5 dman and 11 forwards. Tyler Johnson contract is haunting them and I don’t see any team in the league want to help them out after they pulled the cap stunt this season.

Nah some of that elite core needs to go. They are already over the cap for next season. With no backup signed, only 5 dman and 11 forwards. Tyler Johnson contract is haunting them and I don’t see any team in the league want to help them out after they pulled the cap stunt this season.
There elite core is going nowhere ...Vasi, Kuch, Hedman , Stammer, Point

TJ probably waves his NTC and goes to Seattle

They will tinker around the edges and still be super competitive

Flat cap , a ton of Maroon and depth D available on the cheap chasing rings with less taxes to pay

Stars last year
8 players had 13 points or more

4 players had 8 or more goals , and one had 13

They played more games due to the play in round ....but our trajectory for playoffs stats were never going to be that close prorated

These are the worst offensive team stats ever for a finals team

Last edited:
In the end the Habs were done in by the one area that Bergevin was supposed to fix: the lack of scoring. Instead he decided to try and win the 1995 Stanley Cup.

And you know that this conservative, risk-averse front office would never have allowed Caufield to play had they not been desperate and completely out of other viable options but that won't prevent Bergevin from patting himself on the back.

The sad fact of the matter is that Bergevin has secured his employment and doesn't need to do anything now. I expect him to hoard cap space so that Molson can make back some of the money he lost on all those games without paying customers in the stands.

In the end the Habs were done in by the one area that Bergevin was supposed to fix: the lack of scoring. Instead he decided to try and win the 1995 Stanley Cup.

And you know that this conservative, risk-averse front office would never have allowed Caufield to play had they not been desperate and completely out of other viable options but that won't prevent Bergevin from patting himself on the back.

The sad fact of the matter is that Bergevin has secured his employment and doesn't need to do anything now. I expect him to hoard cap space so that Molson can make back some of the money he lost on all those games without paying customers in the stands.
You should really try breathable underwear it may help you

Back