• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

My wife bought it seconds after Lehkonen scored against Vegas.

Besides, it's not like any Leafs fan can wear a cap with FINALS written on it and if Bergevin is staying this will represent the high water mark for the next 10 years at least.

sad way to end but was 6 weeks of hockey I didn't expect. My son finally witnessed a good playoff run (he was only 10 in 2014)
Yeah this did a lot to solidify my kids fan status. The fact she was crushed yesterday told me so. I hate to see it but it was evident.

I went 1-4 live these playoffs. Sorry guys, I'll try harder next season.

sad way to end but was 6 weeks of hockey I didn't expect. My son finally witnessed a good playoff run (he was only 10 in 2014)
I’m looking at it the same way. The worst part is that we don’t know when they will be in a position again to win the Cup, even if they weren’t the best or most talented team in the league this season. The opportunities are very infrequent, obviously. Would have been nice to seize it.

Cant believe the coaching staff still played the two cripples ( 11 and 73) when it was beyond obvious they were totally ineffective. Surely they would have been better off with Evans, Tatar and KK in the lineup for the whole series. Not saying they would have won...

I’m looking at it the same way. The worst part is that we don’t know when they will be in a position again to win the Cup, even if they weren’t the best or most talented team in the league this season. The opportunities are very infrequent, obviously. Would have been nice to seize it.
Tough on the aging vets for sure

no fucking idea why he was playing over KK
other than being old
Should give Staal one. Giveaway in game two. Giveaway in game five.

Was thinking about that......if Laviolette, Quenneville, Cooper were coaching the Habs, they would have benched Staal after game 2 of the finals.

I understand a rookie coach like DD/Richardson leaving him in....Staal-Perry have been amazing his the kids.....but the first 3 rounds are in the past.

Also, Toffoli-Gally, one of them needed to be replaced with Tatar (fully healthy).

A veteran coach makes that switch

no fucking idea why he was playing over KK
other than being old
Because KK was having a horrible series / constantly getting pushed off the puck...it’s really unfortunate he reverted to Bambi on ice in the finals.

Was thinking about that......if Laviolette, Quenneville, Cooper were coaching the Habs, they would have benched Staal after game 2 of the finals.

I understand a rookie coach like DD/Richardson leaving him in....Staal-Perry have been amazing his the kids.....but the first 3 rounds are in the past.

Also, Toffoli-Gally, one of them needed to be replaced with Tatar (fully healthy).

A veteran coach makes that switch
Tatar has a terrible playoff history w 3-teams now, except for 1GP w Wings. Keep in mind Habs were playing the counterpunch strategy, and didn’t want to open it up vs TBay

Tatar has a terrible playoff history w 3-teams now, except for 1GP w Wings. Keep in mind Habs were playing the counterpunch strategy, and didn’t want to open it up vs TBay
Toffoli playing scared is much worse versus Tampa, than Tatar's style of play

Toffoli healthy is better than Tatar vs Tampa....but he clearly wasn't

Back