• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

I'm not sure we should be offer sheeting anybody in the near future.

I would be very, very hesitant to trade our picks. I don't foresee a good future for this team.
we have like one decent drafted first rounder in the last decade so who cares :p

I’ve come to learn the D group is the most important position(s) for winning - Sergachev-Savard unbelievable 3rd pair
The Center position remains the most important part for winning Cups...

Can't remember any team that had average centers win....Blues maybe, but even them ROR played incredibly that year.

I'm not talking about winning 1 or 2 rounds like Vegas did without centers....or Leafs losing in round 1 with an elite 1C....i'm talking the grind of 4 rounds of playoffs and winning, you need to have great centers.

And of course, as with every year, your goalie needs to get hot.....doesn't have to be an all-word goalie, just one that gets hot at the right time.

The defense position is important, but our d-corp was not the best in the playoffs....not even close....they just played their system perfectly for 3 rounds. I'd take Vegas, Avs, Tampa, Canes d-corp over ours

Petry is an easy trade , plenty of trade interest with a manageable cap number

The thing is you move Jeff , your admitting it’s over and start dismantling the team
Sure, but that wasn't the argument. Argument was, he'd have a possibility to go to the SCF again. His contract will almost assuredly prevent him from ever making it there.

The Center position remains the most important part for winning Cups...

Can't remember any team that had average centers win....Blues maybe, but even them ROR played incredibly that year.

I'm not talking about winning 1 or 2 rounds like Vegas did without centers....or Leafs losing in round 1 with an elite 1C....i'm talking the grind of 4 rounds of playoffs and winning, you need to have great centers.

And of course, as with every year, your goalie needs to get hot.....doesn't have to be an all-word goalie, just one that gets hot at the right time.

The defense position is important, but our d-corp was not the best in the playoffs....not even close....they just played their system perfectly for 3 rounds. I'd take Vegas, Avs, Tampa, Canes d-corp over ours
O'Reilly, Schenn, Steen & Bozak (I don't remember who played wing interchangeably) is a more than respectable centerline.

we have like one decent drafted first rounder in the last decade so who cares :p
Even the shittiest drafting teams shouldn't be passing up firsts when there's a real chance they'll be in the lottery.

I think there's a real chance the Habs will be there in 2 years for the Connor Bedard draft.

Bedard would be sweet but I give up four firsts for Cale Makar all day long.

Even the shittiest drafting teams shouldn't be passing up firsts when there's a real chance they'll be in the lottery.

I think there's a real chance the Habs will be there in 2 years for the Connor Bedard draft.
it was mostly a mock of timmins

Back