• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

I’m intrigued by OEL, have no clue where his game is at (on the decline?, lot left in the tank but on a bad team / org situation?) or if he’d waive NMC for Mtl, but have to think Yotes are desperate to unload that contract.

I expect the market will again be suppressed this off-season w combo of flat cap & owners looking to recoup revenue lost past 2-seasons, which means Yotes will need to eat some of OEL cap, w limited demand due to $.

i know, he comes on here to talk his chubby down as he is walking around Vancouver streets with a hard on from being so excited (i am teasing wehave)
Actually it's the streets of Edmonton now. Surprisingly, Oilers fan isn't anywhere near as obnoxious as nouveau riche Canucks fans. I guess it's because unlike Vancouver their team has actually won Cups so they don't suffer from little man syndrome.

Yep....

A rookie coaching staff problem

A veteran coaching staff would have benched those guys....fuck them, when will you ever get a chance to be in the Finals again.

DD-Richardson were coaching to keep the room happy, and getting a contract next year.

Laviolette-Quennville don't care about Staal-Gally-Toffoli status, they bench them

Staal brought nothing.....even in previous rounds.....he was the product of Perry-Armia
Quite frankly I think Frolik would have been more useful than Staal turned out to be.

Too much hate towards Chiarot

Ask Leafs-Jets-Vegas what they thought of him….he did his job

He was arguably our best dmen on most nights

Definitely a playoff warrior
I thought Chiarot had tremendous playoffs overall. Sure he made a few mistakes and icing but he logged tons of minutes, was a beast on the PK, always battling, always physical. I don't think the other forwards enjoyed playing against him too much.

I like Edmundson better but Chiarot was a beast during the playoffs, I don't get any of the hate.

I’m intrigued by OEL, have no clue where his game is at (on the decline?, lot left in the tank but on a bad team / org situation?) or if he’d waive NMC for Mtl, but have to think Yotes are desperate to unload that contract.

I expect the market will again be suppressed this off-season w combo of flat cap & owners looking to recoup revenue lost past 2-seasons, which means Yotes will need to eat some of OEL cap, w limited demand due to $.

He is toast

I thought Chiarot had tremendous playoffs overall. Sure he made a few mistakes and icing but he logged tons of minutes, was a beast on the PK, always battling, always physical. I don't think the other forwards enjoyed playing against him too much.

I like Edmundson better but Chiarot was a beast during the playoffs, I don't get any of the hate.
I agree - but he turned 30 and will be 31 for start of next contract, I don’t see him aging well.

Not sure what path Ron Francis will take w Seattle, but Chiarot knows the Western Conf well, and could potentially net a 2nd or maybe a 1st at trade deadline. It would suck for Habs to lose him, but every team loses one player, and $3.5M cap space will come in handy for MB.

Habs broke Romanov on slowly (especially in the playoffs), goal should be to have him play 17-20TOI next season even if on the 3rd pair - w short off-season will need to distribute time across 3-pairs for an 82GP schedule.

I think you have a bidding war with several teams without retaining salary
Not for Weber. 0 chance. He can't skate anymore. He's a Souray at this stage. Problem is the cap hit not his salary moving forward. We also need to get a new number one D with his cap. You could see the huge differences between McD/Pietro/Hedman. They move the puck, control the offensive zone, skate. Weber can't do that and we need to improve.

Not for Weber. 0 chance. He can't skate anymore. He's a Souray at this stage. Problem is the cap hit not his salary moving forward. We also need to get a new number one D with his cap. You could see the huge differences between McD/Pietro/Hedman. They move the puck, control the offensive zone, skate. Weber can't do that and we need to improve.

With us he has to be Jesus and walk on water for 23-25 minutes a night

On the right contender , he is slotted better as a 2/3D

With a flat cap we have a better chance getting a better deal without retaining salary

Teams are shedding payroll , we can get multiple pieces in return and even take back more salary in a Weber deal

We have a ton of cap expiring , we can fill the gaps in a weber deal without overpaying in the UFA market

I see strong return value with our playoff success .

I agree - but he turned 30 and will be 31 for start of next contract, I don’t see him aging well.

Not sure what path Ron Francis will take w Seattle, but Chiarot knows the Western Conf well, and could potentially net a 2nd or maybe a 1st at trade deadline. It would suck for Habs to lose him, but every team loses one player, and $3.5M cap space will come in handy for MB.

Habs broke Romanov on slowly (especially in the playoffs), goal should be to have him play 17-20TOI next season even if on the 3rd pair - w short off-season will need to distribute time across 3-pairs for an 82GP schedule.

Ben is an ideal Francis pick up

Tatar has a terrible playoff history w 3-teams now, except for 1GP w Wings. Keep in mind Habs were playing the counterpunch strategy, and didn’t want to open it up vs TBay
that only works if you score first as we have seen

Staal had a great game 7 vs Leafs....sprung Gallagher on his goal and Toffoli on the EN. (those guys could skate 6 weeks ago)...but yeah not much production since then
and game 1 vs leafs iirc

thought he did well considering his was asked to do more than he is actually capable of

I'm not bothered by losing any of the so-called "Big 4" because what we saw during this run is literally as good as any of them will ever perform. It's all downhill from here, not just for Chariot, but all four of them. They all played well above their normal levels (Weber played up to his former level) but that's it. They've all shot their bolts and that's all we're going to get. So if Seattle takes Chariot or Edmundson or even Petry I'm unmoved. This team needs to get a lot younger and fast because the 21st century NHL is a young man's league. The dinosaurs can only get you so far and it ain't far enough.

Back